Why become a member? ×

Becky Baldwin joins Mercyful Fate

Rich

After depping for them last year in the US, Becky has now joined the legendary Danes on a permanent basis. It's fabulous news and I'm totally made up for her -- she actually depped for me in the Destroyers once about a thousand years ago, and since then I've watched her star rising higher and higher, with bands like Hands Off Gretel and Fury. She's a superb, hardworking musician and a tremendous advocate for women in music.  

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=927991258690357&set=a.267725878050235

image.thumb.png.5ce28f6c2161b558aaf2ed90db7e83fd.png

Edited by Rich
  • Like 13

Great stuff ! Love the old Fate and early king Diamond material . 
For some reason I lost interest over later part of their careers . Shame Michael Denner isn't with them . 
Their musicianship is some of the best in metal , despite the Marmite opinions of King Diamond . 
I can't / won't open Facebook link unfortunately , but will have to check her stuff out . She must be a hell of a player to fit n with them.

Timmy Grabber RIP 

• Like 1

Years ago we played an event with Control The Storm while she was with them, and around the same time another gig with a band I guess she was depping for. Both were only small gigs but I remember that she had great stage presence and really made the effort to put on a show, so it's great to see that having worked hard she's at home on much bigger stages now. The last Fate album I bought was '9', so it's been a while.. but whatever you think of them, you can't deny it's a pretty cool gig.

• Like 1