Why become a member? ×

Blumes - Earthquaker Devices - Low Signal Shredder

greentext

Earthquaker have just released the bass demo for the new Blumes pedal, which is the bass version of the Plumes guitar pedal. Sounds great if you ask me! I used my band mates Plumes guitar pedal on bass before as a test and found it to be awesome if lacking a little low end so this is gonna hit the nail on the head! 

• Like 1

Yh the Plumes is awesome on bass, and super affordable at £99 when it came out in places, was a lot of bang for little buck, the Blumes seems to be retailing about £120. So a little bit more pricey but still for a solid bass overdrive in the grand scheme for a decent price.

Has anyone picked one of these up yet? Mine arrived yesterday and I'm having a few issues with it. According to the demos/handbook using Mode 2 (OPAmp) with gain set below 11 'o'clock should provide a clean boost, but mine stays very distorted all around the dial. I've replicated the exact settings I've seen in online demos and I'm, just not getting anything close to what I've seen. Just wondering if anyone else had any experiences of using it before I get in touch with the shop

3 hours ago, oltranzista said:

Has anyone picked one of these up yet? Mine arrived yesterday and I'm having a few issues with it. According to the demos/handbook using Mode 2 (OPAmp) with gain set below 11 'o'clock should provide a clean boost, but mine stays very distorted all around the dial. I've replicated the exact settings I've seen in online demos and I'm, just not getting anything close to what I've seen. Just wondering if anyone else had any experiences of using it before I get in touch with the shop

Are you using an active bass? 

5 hours ago, oltranzista said:

I've sent it back now. Shame, as the other two modes worked as expected. I'll report back once I've got a replacement.

that is a shame for sure, hopefully it was just a faulty unit and the next one will sound great 

Just very generic and uninteresting sounds. I'm running a Spector ns2 into it and felt nothing that i cant get from the other collection of distortion pedals i have.

Maybe i should have tried a P bass but spent about 30mins thinking " MEH :( , boring! " Send it back immediately.

4 minutes ago, bigbottomend said:

Yes and tried to low D on E ... 

Fair enough, didnt know if you where using a super low tuning or something so thought I'd ask, but i'd also be using it in standard and drop D. From experience when you tune to low on a bass and use distortion it just doesn't work as well but yh