Why become a member? ×

SEI Custom P Bass, Jazz neck, JEast Pre and Nordstrand Pick ups SENSIBLE OFFERS !!!!!
£1925
Nr York

johnbiffa

• johnbiffa changed the title to SEI Custom P Bass, Jazz neck, JEast Pre and Nordstrand Pick ups
20 hours ago, molan said:

I owned this one for a while. Nice bass and the 33” scale makes it just that little bit easier to whizz around the neck :)

Were you the original owner or do you know who spec’d it initially 🤔or when 😎

On 07/01/2024 at 10:28, johnbiffa said:

Were you the original owner or do you know who spec’d it initially 🤔or when 😎

I first saw it for sale back in April 2017. I think it had been listed via The Gallery from the first owner. 

It then reappeared in Dec 2020 and that’s when I agreed to buy it. I can’t for the life of me remember what the delay was but I took delivery in May 2021. 

I think that made me the 3rd owner. 

Happy to help. I also spotted that the preamp is a John East Uni Pre, with passive tone.

Also that it weighed 8.4lbs according to the Gallery. 

It really is a great gigging bass with that slim neck, light weight, LEDs, pickup flexibility and the East. 

I found you could get a huge variety of tones from it - perfect for a covers band player!

I only sold it because I only ever gig my Ritters these days. I’ve got so used to the feel and neck profile now. 

• Like 1

If I wasn’t literally thinning the herd as I use my 2 Fodera’s with my Steely Dan band and my trusty 77 Jazz and 63 EB3 with Proper Boys. 

if I had sold my 77 Jazz this wouldn’t be going anywhere as it covers most basses for a cover band as Molan says.

Make me an offer, you never know 😎

On 03/01/2024 at 14:33, Beedster said:

Classic enough to be classic, different enough to not be generic Fender-alike, really rather special 👍

This is a perfect summary for describing this beauty! 🙂 

Edited by mrbacco
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, johnbiffa said:

Really surprised by even an offer on this beauty, may have to consider letting something else go from the herd next weekend 😎

Watching as I need to see how much I have left at the end of the month (presuming all my clients pay up on time!). Been looking for a Jazz but mainly for the neck profile against a Precision so if as seems likely this were the case then …

• Like 1

• johnbiffa changed the title to SEI Custom P Bass, Jazz neck, JEast Pre and Nordstrand Pick ups SENSIBLE OFFERS !!!!!
4 hours ago, johnbiffa said:

Well guys I gigged this beauty last night and absolutely loved the versatility so I may withdraw if not had sensible offers (or sold) before 1st February…….you have been warned 😉

Worse things can happen than having to keep that beauty 🤔

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...