Why become a member? ×

Mic stand recomendation.

Chienmortbb

I have a reasonable Studiospares one hand mic stand. However, we are often restricted in stage space and four tripod bases is a headache. I want to buy a round based stand, but it must have a good, easy height adjustment. Obviously, a one hand from K&M is the gold standard, but what is everyone else using?

52 minutes ago, Jack said:

After years of cheap ones I bought a K&M (in my case a 25600) a few years ago and there's just no going back.

I have bought many K&M stands in the past, in fact, I have a small K&M  boom arm on my Studiospares stand. I was going to buy a Konig and Meyer stand, but they are out of stock everywhere. I finally settled for a Gravity stand. https://www.gravitystands.com/en/products/microphone-stands/12182/ms-231-hb?c=611

First impressions, good. The clutch mechanism is great, smooth action but firm when released. Attaching the base was not easy, but once attached, it was solid. So far I am happy and it cost about half the cost of the best K&M stand. It is designed and engineered in Germany, but there is no indication where it is made. I will report back once I have used it a few times.