Why become a member? ×

NCD - Vanderkley content

JPJ

So long story short, I first tried a Vanderkley 2x12 cab a few years ago over at Overwater in Carlisle. I was impressed by how ‘smooth’ the cab sounded and it’s been on my ‘itch to scratch’ list ever since. As some of you might know, I have assembled all the components to build a Basschat 2x12 but I’m so time poor at the moment that those components have been moved up to the loft ‘for future use’. So, when this came up for sale relatively close to me, I jumped on it. No chance to fire it up in anger yet, but I can’t wait to hear my Ashdown Geezer head through this 😎

IMG_8104.jpeg

IMG_8105.jpeg

• Like 10

I had one of these years back. It just sounded HUGE and it ate everything you could throw at it. I used a 900w and then an 800w amp and it didn’t break a sweat, just got louder and louder. I always want to try a pair of them! I had a Glockenklang Blue Sky which gave a huge warm clean sound, that did 2.67ohms. Would have been silly but fun!

• 3 weeks later...

First chance to gig the Vanderkley today. Because some idiot (that’ll be me then) forgot to pack the reel of XLR’s we were back line only out front. The room was a moderate sized social club lounge sitting around 150 folk. The Vanderkley filled the room beautifully and the Ashdown Geezer was hardly ticking over 😎

IMG_8144.jpeg

• Like 4