Why become a member? ×

Dingwall ABZ passive 5 string with hard case. Made in Canada. Super lightweight 3.5kg. Can post. Trades most welcome. £1950 UK posted. - *SOLD*
£2300
Torquay

spyder

Fantastic Dingwall passive ABZ 5 string.

New hard case for transportation.

Dunlop strap locks.

Made in Canada.

Quality control inspection by Sheldon Dingwall.

3.5 kg on kitchen scales.

New Newtone strings fitted.

Payment by bank transaction or PayPal gift.

Collection from Torquay most welcome.

£1950 posted.

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

Bass_Super-J-Passive-2x-800x487.jpg

Edited by spyder
  • Like 7

• spyder changed the title to Dingwall ABZ passive 5 string with hard case. 3.6kg. Can post. Trades most welcome.
  • spyder changed the title to Dingwall ABZ passive 5 string with hard case. 3.6kg. Can post.
  • Woodinblack unlocked this topic
  • spyder changed the title to Dingwall ABZ passive 5 string with hard case. Super lightweight.....3.5kg. Can post.
14 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I recognise that! 

Used to be mine.

Glad it is still surviving! 

It is most definitely surviving. 🤠

It's a fantastic bass, unfortunately I've bought to much stuff lately so something has to go. 

• Like 1

• spyder changed the title to Dingwall ABZ passive 5 string with hard case. Made in Canada. Super lightweight 3.5kg. Can post.
17 hours ago, fretmeister said:

It's clearly been looked after well.

Funnily enough - while I enjoyed that 37 inch Low B, I'm mainly playing shortscales now!

The low B is incredible through my Barefaced cab. Sounds like an earthquake 🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨 🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨

• Like 1

• spyder changed the title to Dingwall ABZ passive 5 string with hard case. Made in Canada. Super lightweight 3.5kg. Can post. Trades most welcome. £1950 UK posted.

Hi. Very interested in This (had an NG3/5 I had to sell and miss it!). 
what year and what pickups are they (I’ve only played the newer NG3 versions)?

promised myself I’d get another Dingwall and would make the excuse and upgrade to a Canadian. 

interested to know how it is vs the active NG series in terms of build and being passive? Part of selling my (gorgeous silver) 10th anniversary was I didn’t gel with the darkglass preamp.

thanks in advance 🙂 

Edited by meesterbassman

The bass is about 10 years old and as far that I'm aware the pickups are the older square style. They are exactly the same as the newer curved pickups, just square. 

I've played a few other Dingwall basses and the Canadian made ones are a whole different league. The build quality and playability are nothing like the lesser series models.

I prefer the passive electronics and have never felt that I needed an active solution.

If you want to add an active preamp it would be very easy to achieve or just use a preamp pedal.

Hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you want anymore answered.

Marc

• spyder changed the title to Sold Dingwall ABZ passive 5 string with hard case. Made in Canada. Super lightweight 3.5kg. Can post. Trades most welcome. £1950 UK posted.