Why become a member? ×

3D Printed B2A Pickup Bezel

SpondonBassed

Okay so it's more repair than build but I thought it deserved its own thread rather than hijack Rob's 3D Guitar thread any further.

Some time back I mentioned on that thread that I had a damaged pickup bezel on my B2A and he immediately offered to 3D print it for me - free of charge.  He wouldn't even let me cover postage.  I sent him an STL file I downloaded from the 'net.  He remodelled it to his own satisfaction and sent me two set of bezels.

@rwillett,  As promised, here is a photo of the job.

B2ABezels.thumb.jpg.b8895afa59aeaff0e42edee828a28cfc.jpg

• Left:  The original bezel.  It was flimsy.   With one corner missing it left my thumb exposed to the sharp edge of the countersunk screwhead just where I need to rest it.
  • Centre:  Rob's 3D print as received.  Rob wasn't happy with the finish.  As he mentioned, on his guitar thread, he was chasing a bug on his printer.  I was completely happy though.
  • Right:  Rob's print sanded progressively from 180 through 800 to finish with 2500 wet and dry.  Holes cleaned up to size and rounded edges as per original.  I had him print them a bit thicker. maybe a mm or so and they're much better.

They fit perfectly on the bass and are an improvement over the original, thin, plastic bezels.

Thanks Rob!

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

• Left:  The original bezel.  It was flimsy.   With one corner missing it left my thumb exposed to the sharp edge of the countersunk screwhead just where I need to rest it.

You could have flipped the bezel so the sharp bit was on the opposite corner to your thumb.

Jus sayin' 🤪

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...