Why become a member? ×

spinal tap

Geek99

I was just watching the Spinal Tap movie, I notice that Derek Smalls is playing an MV Pedulla with a PJ configuration. I really like the bass tone he's getting though; does anyone know just by the sound, or through exceptional knowledge of the movie whats making it so ? I'm thinking of "Hellhole" particularly. There's usually a stack of Marshalls behind him, but that doesnt really mean anything in a movie!

[quote name='umph' post='484127' date='May 10 2009, 01:33 AM']dunno check out what stuff saxon used they wrote and recorded most of the songs i think![/quote]

They actually wrote and recorded the material themselves, though Harry Shearer (Derek Smalls) is supposed to have gone on tour with Saxon for research purposes. :)

Edited by Musky

[quote name='Musky' post='484210' date='May 10 2009, 10:42 AM']They actually wrote and recorded the material themselves, though Harry Shearer (Derek Smalls) is supposed to have gone on tour with Saxon for research purposes. :lol:[/quote]

yeh, twas what I head - that tap was based on saxon :)

But Christopher guest, harry shearer and michael mckean are all pretty talented individuals as is probably better demonstrated in Mighty wind :rolleyes: