Why become a member? ×

Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB Audio Interface £85 (on hold) - *SOLD*
£85
Ilkley, W. Yorkshire

I'm downsizing since my move from London (www.joereadmusic.com) and this excellently reviewed Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Interface is up for sale.

The Focusrite 18i8's 4 x warm microphone preamps and 24-bit/96kHz D/A converters are hugely respected and reviewed. I've recorded many albums using this ultra-reliable interface. I include the USB cable, Wall wart power and the Getting Started Guide.

This Scarlett 18i8 1st Generation measures 2.6 by 8.9 by 7.1 inches (HWD) and weighs 3.6 pounds. The front panel contains four mic preamps each with its own input gain knob, direct instrument LED, and pad LED. Halo indicators around each gain knob light up green when you have useful input signal, and red when you need to turn the gain down. There are two 48V phantom power buttons, one for each pair of mic preamps.

To the right of the preamps, there's an oversize silver Monitor volume knob, a Mute button, a MIDI activity LED, and a USB power LED. Finally, there are two independent headphone jacks, each with its own silver volume knob.

The back panel contains SPDIF in and out ports a hardware power switch, a DC power input for the included wall wart-style power supply, 5-pin MIDI input and output jacks, a USB port, and an optical input for transferring in up to eight ADAT channels, for a total of 18 inputs. To the right are a pair of 1/4-inch monitor outputs and two sets of stereo line inputs (labeled 5, 6, 7, and 8), for a total of eight outputs.

The Scarlett MixControl DSP mixer and router app (download or I can give you a copy) presents a clear, easy-to-use interface for monitoring the Scarlett 18i8's inputs and outputs. It also comes with a set of presets for various mix configurations, and promises just 1.4ms of latency when recording.

Any questions welcome- You can try this out in my Ilkley studio or I can box it up and post it- Parcel Force 48 is about £9.00. You're welcome to arrange your favourite courier too...

thanks for looking, joe

IMG_3429.JPG

IMG_3430.JPG

IMG_3432.JPG

IMG_3431.JPG

focusrite-scarlett-18i8_tga2.3840.webp

Edited by shantijoe
Postage cost
  • Like 3

• shantijoe changed the title to Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB Audio Interface £85 (SOLD)