Why become a member? ×

Scratchplate colour help

mcc

Yet again I come here to seek advice,

Even when I spent considerable time trying to convince myself that the aluminium pickguard on my Musicman SUB looked cool, I have accepted it and will be replacing it with a decent one. I have narrowed down my set of choices, but would still like to see them for real before ordering.

As I know you all like showing off your basses (and with reason) I would appreciate anyone that has a blue SUB with a scratchplate different from the original to post a pic of it. Also anyone that has any dark blue bass with a pickguard on is welcome. Suggestions are also welcome.

My favorite at the moment are black, white or cream perloid. Here is the bass presently with an imaginary scratchplate, but I think I prefer a visible one.

[attachment=24984:MMSub5.JPG]

this thread is probably dead, but for the sake of anyone else I'll upload the result :) very pleased !!!
[attachment=26157:sub_perloid.JPG]

Edited by mcc

[quote name='mcc' post='483919' date='May 9 2009, 06:47 PM']Yet again I come here to seek advice,

Even when I spent considerable time trying to convince myself that the aluminium pickguard on my Musicman SUB looked cool, I have accepted it and will be replacing it with a decent one. I have narrowed down my set of choices, but would still like to see them for real before ordering.

As I know you all like showing off your basses (and with reason) I would appreciate anyone that has a blue SUB with a scratchplate different from the original to post a pic of it. Also anyone that has any dark blue bass with a pickguard on is welcome. Suggestions are also welcome.

My favorite at the moment are black, white or cream perloid. Here is the bass presently with an imaginary scratchplate, but I think I prefer a visible one.

[attachment=24984:MMSub5.JPG][/quote]

Pearliod for the win on ANY bass with ANY colour.
I put a white one on my black P-bass...made it look 1000x better!
Plus being so heavy on the pattern scratches show less for those whom like a bass to look good as well as play.

Black on Blue looks...bland...They mix but they make it VERY dark.
White on Blue? That's worse if it's plain. Brightens up but doesn't match IMO.

Edited by Kongo

gold... interesting .....reminds me of Steve Harris's (Iron Maiden) P-Bass though the neck on mine is black, not maple.

Also, I was thinking black perloid, white perloid or cream perloid (as opposed to plain black or white)

[quote name='boabskiboab' post='484009' date='May 9 2009, 08:55 PM']Gold would look superb[/quote]

[quote name='martthebass' post='485016' date='May 11 2009, 12:58 PM']I had black pearl on my Met Blue Ray 5 (now with Bubinga 5). Looked excellent - so much that I got a black pearl pg for my CAR Ray4.[/quote]

hehe... any pics possible???? I am really finding it hard to decide..... black pearl, white pearl or ... CLEAR. I think.... I'm a bit towards white pearl... just 'cause it produces a massive contrast.

Pics on post #124 page 7 of the link below.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25449&st=120"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25449&st=120[/url]

This was before the Ray4 was retro-fitted so it's sporting it's original black/white/black number