Why become a member? ×

Interesting headless with EMGs and a flight case - £225 BIN

lemmywinks

The Overlord bridge is made of cheese and the adjuster bolts are just stock (M4 or is it M6) bolts with a knurled knob on the end; they are harder metal than the bridge parts and will mash the claw threads with the slightest effort.

I tried replacing the knackered one on my doubleneck and the one I received was badly made so the claws were too tall to retract into the bay when trying to tune the instrument.

There's also a lip at the end where the adjusters are, so that the ends of the adjusters grind against it; fitting the bearing washer thingies there doesn't quite work as the surface they're against isn't flat.

I acquired one of a Steinberger Spirit and that works fine.

This is what was on the bass half of the doubleneck; the chap I got it from had given up trying.

headlessdoubleneck-bassbridge-191102.thumb.jpg.5075a232de05387af0db8eec005c7504.jpg

This is it now...

gtr-headlessdoubleneck-bodyfront-230717.thumb.jpg.2b50f0bad94d21686a9374b1307f74cd.jpg

The bass half has Retrovibe Ric-style pickups - they were a straight swap for the "EMG"s, even the screw holes!

The guitar half's bridge also failed (I think the trem spring was too much for the soft metal) and it's now got a hardtail one on it, from a chap in Ireland.

I plan to put a pair of SDs I've got on the guitar half, when I get around to it.

Electrics-wise, one of the knobs has a pull switch I've wired to mute the guitar neck when pulled.