Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR400 Passive J Conversion

PaulThePlug

Jaws Music...

'Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the Marketplace...'

Tue 31st Oct... Ibby SR400B-CW (US Model) on ebay... Picked it up on Fri 3rd Nov...

Tue 7th Nov... Dimarzio Model J's - DP123 (Split Coils) in our own Marketplace... I saw them on Wed 8th... and sorted Today...

The SR300 J was @Rasleefault with his Bargain Maida Vale Stacked Jazz Pickups...

Then @shoulderpet caught me when i was all vulnerable... A pair of DiMarzio DP123 Model J's... and less than a week after collecting this luverly looking SR400...

A Match Made In BR6...

Ready!.. Assorted Odds 'n Sods on

order...

20231109_214859.thumb.jpg.042227124bb3a36b3fcc02a830b2ed7f.jpg

But, I need the Outline Shaped Packaging Foam from a pair of Jazz Pickups... to act as surrounds in the original routs... Anyone?

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 4

Pickups In...20231121_161318.thumb.jpg.71bf303718bbf78898af561451293195.jpg

...and Wired Up

20231121_155534.thumb.jpg.a32cbbb081a169dc5c99d22c1c6abd3c.jpg

Fingers Crossed the Blend is wired up correct, same goes for the jack. 

Set-Up Next...

Still need some Jazz Pickup Outline Shaped Packaging Foam from as surrounds in the original routs... Anyone?

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 2

Far too confident screwing the cavity plate on... Yep... Blend working Ar$e about Face... Think DiMarzio wiring diag was for AC not MN... nothing stated... and their recommended 250k / 0.033u don't seem to do much tone-wise... 'praps i should go A250?.. might even do without... [Edit: Just removed the tone...]

Think i might need to take a second look as Vol doesn't seem to go Zero? Anyone? Un-Ground the Blend?

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Far too confident screwing the cavity plate on... Yep... Blend working Ar$e about Face... Think DiMarzio wiring diag was for AC not MN... nothing stated... and their recommended 250k / 0.033u don't seem to do much tone-wise... 'praps i should go A250?.. might even do without... [Edit: Just removed the tone...]

Think i might need to take a second look as Vol doesn't seem to go Zero? Anyone? Un-Ground the Blend?

Funny you mentioned removing the tone control, I have had a little "mishap" with the pots on my build and I have just removed the volume and tone and wired straight to the jack socket, I am actually considering leaving it this way as without the loading effect of the pots it sounds really gnarly and aggressive.

• Like 2