Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Lee Sklar Signature ON HOLD - *WITHDRAWN*
£4995
Woking

lowregisterhead

I'm tentatively offering for sale my brand new Dingwall Lee Sklar Signature bass in Gun Metal Black, which I bought just a few weeks ago from Dingwall dealers Ikebe Music in Tokyo.

If you're looking at this thread, you probably know about these extraordinary basses already, but all the detailed specs can be found here: https://dingwallguitars.com/bass/lee-sklar-signature/

It's a stunning bass, so why am I selling it again? Well, I've been playing a Combustion 5-string solidly for a couple of years now, which I've modified quite a bit. It's a great bass, but I still hankered after a Canadian made Dingwall. They don't come up for sale often, and it's a 2+ year wait for a custom order. Then I spotted this Lee Sklar on Reverb. With shipping and import duties, it cost me a lot, but it was worth it - incredible build quality, great tonal palette, and all the refinements you'd expect from a premium instrument.

But, like buses, nothing had turned up for ages, then two came along at once! An Afterburner II popped up on Bass Bros and for me, it ticked even more boxes than the Lee Sklar. I can't justify keeping both, so one has to go.

It's literally as new, complete with gigbag and tool kit, weighs just 4.3kg, and plays like a dream. I've made one small alteration, moving the rear strap button nearer the bridge.

Collection is preferred (near Woking in Surrey) but I'm prepared to ship it within the UK only, at the buyer's expense.

Sorry, but no trade offers please.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 8

On 05/11/2023 at 17:05, NotAsGoodAsJaco said:

I played a Dingwall Lee Sklar in Bass Direct and it had 3 pickups. What's the difference? It's Mike that bought your Cort Ultra Ash (still have it!).

Hi Mike! The third pickup adds more of the 'P' and 'J' dimensions. The two pickup model (like this) is more in the MM/single coil mould. If you're interested, you're welcome to come and give it a try.

• lowregisterhead changed the title to Dingwall Lee Sklar Signature WITHDRAWN