Why become a member? ×

pics not loading

Soledad

Question

Is this maybe a Safari issue I wonder. Was mostly fine til couple of days ago - now most pics don't load and I get a blank with a question mark (unrecognised file I suppose that means). Just looked at the Rickie thread, a few for sales etc - most pics not loading. Checked across on Guitarchat, same.
I assume most pics uploaded are plain old jpgs so what's the problem.
So I check Chrome and still issues but a bit different. EG this post lists images (jpg files) but I can't open them (black screen with small 'unknown image file' icon.

this one is just an example: 

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17.24.04.png

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Soledad said:

Is this maybe a Safari issue I wonder. Was mostly fine til couple of days ago - now most pics don't load and I get a blank with a question mark (unrecognised file I suppose that means). Just looked at the Rickie thread, a few for sales etc - most pics not loading. Checked across on Guitarchat, same.
I assume most pics uploaded are plain old jpgs so what's the problem.
So I check Chrome and still issues but a bit different. EG this post lists images (jpg files) but I can't open them (black screen with small 'unknown image file' icon.

this one is just an example: 

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17.24.04.png

What do you mean by 'don't load'. Can't open with a Browser, or can't be downloaded from the link..? Do you have a graphics editor, such as Irfanview or similar..? :friends:

3 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

What do you mean by 'don't load'. Can't open with a Browser, or can't be downloaded from the link..? Do you have a graphics editor, such as Irfanview or similar..? :friends:

Don't open in the actual browser window

3 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

In this case that you posted it is because those images aren't not actually there. They were probably removed in the great 'not enough space for pictures' crisis of a few years ago

Good point, hadn't noticed how old that post was, so ignore that!

• Thanks 1