Why become a member? ×

Brand new set of Optima RB 4400 strings (based on the old school flats Rickenbacker used in 1960/70s) £30 - *SOLD*
£70
LONDON

Having read up how accurate these German made strings are to the flatwounds that were standard issue on 4000/4001 models in the 1960/70s, I bought a couple of sets. Unfortunately the tension is a bit too high for my knackered left hand (its definitely more tense than TI flats, which I previously used, and feels more like a 'standard' flatwound such as a Chrome or La Bella 45-105). The gauges are 45-57-77-100.

One set is brand new and unopened in the packet, the other has been on my bass for two days and the ends were trimmed for use on my Ric (note: on removing, some of the silk immediately fell off the tuner end of the G string, grrr, though its 100% usable). A Strings is the cheapest UK-based  retailer and sells at £47.99 per set. So how about £40 30 posted for the brand new set and £30 posted for the briefly used set?

image.thumb.png.ee2eacd5fd1c50bd2ca1d8458dded07d.png

Edited by Clarky

Hey Chris, no these are polished nickel flats with purple silks.

The blurb says "FLATS authentic in every way. Constructed over a round core for increased flexibility and lower tension, the RB FLATS are wound with a pure nickel flat wire, which is then polished to a high shine, resulting in a string that is both supple and comfortable to play. With the RB FLATS, Optima have created a flat wound bass string which echo’s the classic tones of yesteryear."

• Clarky changed the title to Brand new set of Optima RB 4400 strings (based on the flats Rickenbacker used in 1960/70s) £35
  • Clarky changed the title to Brand new set of Optima RB 4400 strings (based on the old school flats Rickenbacker used in 1960/70s) £35
  • Clarky changed the title to Brand new set of Optima RB 4400 strings (based on the old school flats Rickenbacker used in 1960/70s) £30
  • Clarky changed the title to Brand new set of Optima RB 4400 strings (based on the old school flats Rickenbacker used in 1960/70s) £30 SOLD