Why become a member? ×

1981 Greco PB 450 Precision Bass. - *SOLD*
£500
Southampton UK

bumnote2

For sale. A wonderful 'Greco' P Bass from the Japanese factory that produced basses for Fender back in the day. These basses are great instruments and are sought after by those in the know.  This is a particularly fine example.

Serial Number E 812272 dates it as a 1981 instrument (as far as I can tell) and you can see it's been well looked after by its excellent condition. Finished in a lovely three tone sunburst. Guitar was owned by the bass player from Southern England club band 'Creative Covers' and was acquired by my mate Nigel (Bumnote) from his Wife after the guy passed away a couple of years back. Nigel has, sadly, also taken an 'early bath' (April this year) and his Wife has asked me to sell on his Bass collection ( he had 11 - really had the bass bug). 

Interestingly, a previous owner (or maybe factory fitted? I can't tell) has added a novel string damper device that really works well - easy to use - just flip the lever and hey presto. A useful addition I think.

Apart from a few very minor scratches and the odd ding (see pics), none of which are highly visible or detract from the beauty of the instrument,  this Bass is in remarkable condition for it's age and I'm sure that the player who buys this beauty will be 'over the moon' with it. Looks, sounds and handles like a P Bass should.

Good quality gig bag s included.

I'd prefer collection/pick up but can arrange fully insured parcel delivery for an additional (approximately) £20          

P1050119.JPG

P1050120.JPG

P1050122.JPG

P1050123.JPG

P1050124.JPG

P1050125.JPG

P1050126.JPG

P1050127.JPG

P1050128.JPG

P1050129.JPG

P1050134.JPG

P1050136.JPG

P1050130.JPG

P1050131.JPG

P1050132.JPG

Edited by bumnote2
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, bumnote2 said:

Interestingly, a previous owner (or maybe factory fitted? I can't tell) has added a novel string damper device that really works well - easy to use - just flip the lever and hey presto.

It's an aftermarket one, Bass-Mute, https://www.bassmute.eu/bm_mainframe.html. Difficult to find, and quite pricey.

I've got one on my Nash.

This looks rather nice, what neck profile is it, and what's the nut width? Headstock graphics are quality, Brazen Picker Professional lol.

• Like 1

• bumnote2 changed the title to 1981 Greco PB 450 Precision Bass. **SOLD**