Why become a member? ×

Envelope filters

Thump

34 minutes ago, GR7G5TER said:

Man that's a real sahame, i would love to try one of these out though.

Yeah it was a weird one. The guy who got the second one back said he tested it with his own bass and said that it was ‘fine’ so maybe we’ll never know. I liked what I heard with the first one even though I couldn’t adjust the decay. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GR7G5TER said:

As much as i love simplicity, I'm starting more and more looking at the digital/midi route to replace the my cumbersome current set up!

i know the Spectrum has multiple distortion/fuzz settings, can one use these without the envelope/filter. ie could i create one preset of my favourite envelope filter and another that was just a fuzz for instance? 

Follow on question, i know the spectrum can accept an expression pedal, can you se this up to essentially be a wah wah pedal in that way? 

I'm seriously thinking about giving this another go as even if i set up 2 presets to replace my Bassballs, MuTron IV and Morley Cliff Burton wah that's some serious board real estate i'm freeing up.

footnote* I'm thinking of ultimately getting a TWO notes Opus to take car of all of my pre-amp needs.

The C4 can do everything the spectrum can (and more) but I’ve set up fuzz patches with it. 
Both Also do octave up and down things too.

what you will end up needing is something that can do midi over usb host to get at all 128 patches. I diy made something for £30 - or an adapter and a midi controller will control your two notes thing as well …

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ped said:

Yeah it was a weird one. The guy who got the second one back said he tested it with his own bass and said that it was ‘fine’ so maybe we’ll never know. I liked what I heard with the first one even though I couldn’t adjust the decay. 

The Meatball designer is currently working with ThorpyFX and on their 'to-do' list is a new filter.

Hopefully sometime next year.

Thorpy's build quality is like I've never seen! Not really a surprise from a former bomb disposal tech!

• Like 1