Why become a member? ×

G&L L2000 USA late 80s fender signiture
£1500

funkgod

G&L L2000 USA late  89 90  ish fender signiture pre fender law suit bass

Well sometimes you have to let a few gems go, and here is one of them.

This if from my G&L collection, and i have had this since about 92 when i px my stingray for it for the extra sounds it had over the stingray it was 2nd hand then but not used so its about 89 90 ish, i sold it once to a chap that never used it and kept it under his bed so i bought it back of him,

Its in amazing condition and really belongs in a collection, it has fenders logo on the headstock which leo was forced to remove by fender, i do have along with its original warrante cards a letter which was sent to all the uk distributers telling them of the lawsuit and all G&L products will no longer carry the leo fender name,

so here is a rareish bass that slipped in just under that date, its in its original case, also in amazing condition, it still has the curved finger board left over from the E series like they did on the early fenders and also has the "B" serial number like the early Musicmans, its all original and unmolested, and sounds great, i have used it on a few recordings and released tracks, and on one live tape, a shame to see it go after such a long time owning it but, we are all just keepers for now, so up for grabs is very nice getting on 40 year old bass in stunning condition not to be missed as i am sure it will be a long time before another as good will pop up.

im not asking alot all things considered, just a fair price for a great bass,

i will take a px for studio outboard gear, or a px/swap for a fretless L2000 ( Unlined fingerboard only please)

i don't need other basses amps or fx thank you

So...im looking for at the mo........

yamaha REV7 or REV5 Reverb units

yamaha Pro R3 reverb,

TC Finalizer,

Electrix Mo Fx,

Novation KS Rack synth

G&L L2000 Fretless (consider jazz fretless unlined only)

Mackie D8B Desk

Mackie HDR OR MDR 24 track Recorders

Old Roland TD5 drum brain (TD5 only)

frontier apache adat patch

Korg synth 01/w (not M1s)

Nord Electro or stage 88

Nord synth

collection is from ellesmere port only or org your own collection, but would pref it collected so you can try it.

cheers all

IMG_2633.JPG.36dead435707aefc05855ebb50935ded.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG.f6ca74d034cad152b25b5f4923c82bd7.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG.67dc9e78153ae2085a3f713dbcd5d358.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG.d9394418b7b1659647b71b5cfc973fa1.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG.5ee4d2238473751622c6ab3ec7c96533.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG.12180c8c982380965c5ba1a1b21d1043.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG.3a23841bba9dd8347d68d247abb057e2.JPG

IMG_2641.JPG.a257ba84a74c033a63487be3d6ebe6fb.JPG

all his friends are sad to see him go, i think they are throwing a party for him... arrrr thats nice of them  🙂

IMG_0260.thumb.JPG.6929d13ac00a71be29fd49f4ea07bab0.JPG

Edited by funkgod
  • Like 23
  • Haha 2

Some info and tasty old adverts to wet ya whistle.

https://glguitars.com/made-in-fullerton-basses/

Im not sure about the dee murray advert, the great bass player elton john should of stayed with but sacked twice ! RIP

loads of info on line about this great player, i did check out some live stuff about 80, to about 84 ish and i never saw dee using this bass, around this time he was using his steinberger stick bass mainly, and his white jazz now and again,  can anyone find a link of him using this G&L bass ?

iv att a youtube link (see below) about why dee and nigel the drummer was sacked, interesting..

i think this should be a great topic to open on the General Discussion page, al sort that out. more there....

DeeMurrayGL1000.thumb.jpg.80198882ca3fe15b1c309ed355c21719.jpg

GL.thumb.jpg.d6b034dc14ad2d6893373b529bd48fbc.jpg

glb.thumb.jpg.3ae44031806a46935493ea259f3ddab0.jpg

GLL2000b.thumb.jpg.4f1d77a5b7fb74d636824cc48e675000.jpg

GLbrochure.thumb.jpg.f4e322e849dacf1cb8eef6bbb445e938.jpg

Edited by funkgod
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, horrorshowbass said:

Those old ads are so cool!

What does the "E" denote in L2000E?

look great dont they 🙂

The "E" means Electronic, for electronic pre amp,

now im not sure about what ref this has regarding the mk 1 preamp

but the mk 1 preamp was a bit of an animal and would blow chips

so they made the soloing of the pickup non eq so you could not put too much boost through the chip and blow it.

i think they dropped the "E" when they made all L2000s active with the mk 2 preamp,

im sure someone will come along and correct me soon :-)

but something like that

i have a few "E" series G&Ls and there is something different about that pre amp,

it is powerfull and you have to be carefull using it as the lows and overall power out of it will push speakers to their limit.

its a very powerfull bass and the only replacement i have found for my wal which goes some way to getting that power

under your fingers, i still have the wal, had the too since the 80s, and to be fair to the G&L apart from the scope of tones and focused mid out the wal, for the tones i use theres not alot in it :-)

6 hours ago, Kingbrit said:

Lovely bass. 

I've got half of the deal... The Bass Station that I'll part with, just need to find the money for the other half!! 

Someone buy my Sandberg VI! 😂

are you selling the bass station ?

or i have a cool A station i could swap you wth, i have it for sale in the Accessories & Other Musically Related Items For Sale or swap for a bass station or drum station, pref a drum station as im talking to a chap via facebook market at the mo who has one, we will see, cheers.

regarding the bass its a nice bass well set up, get saving 🙂 🙂 cheers

17 hours ago, funkgod said:

are you selling the bass station ?

or i have a cool A station i could swap you wth, i have it for sale in the Accessories & Other Musically Related Items For Sale or swap for a bass station or drum station, pref a drum station as im talking to a chap via facebook market at the mo who has one, we will see, cheers.

regarding the bass its a nice bass well set up, get saving 🙂 🙂 cheers

Potentially selling the BassStation but a friend local to me has first dibs, he’s gonna try it and see what he thinks, if he doesn’t take it I’ll let you know incase youre still looking. 👍