Why become a member? ×

Russian Circles

thumbo

I know there are a few people on this forum that are into this kind of instrumental music. These guys are really worth checking out-
www.myspace.com/russiancircles

It's their first visit to the UK, they've just played a few dates with Tool.

I'll be at the Exeter gig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw them in exeter, got talking to them and the drummer put me and my buddy on the guest list for the high on fire gig in bristol. Both gigs were awesome, the exeter one was my favourite of the two because they played a new track which was great to hear after listening to their first (and only) album non-stop for the last year. I've never met such a hard working band and they're incredibly down to earth fellas.

I went to the Water Rats gig and I was absolutely blown away. After hearing the tracks on their MySpace I wasn't really prepared for them to be so heavy, especially with there only being three of them, but I was really impressed. Had a little chinwag with the guitarist afterwards and he seemed like a top bloke, I can't wish them enough success for the future. Definitely a band to keep your eye on over the coming months.

[quote name='thumbo' post='61153' date='Sep 16 2007, 01:51 PM']They're absolute loop-pedal monsters, I didn't realise how much they looped stuff until I saw them kicking their Headrush's on and off all the time. That's where their massive sound comes from.[/quote]
I thought exactly the same thing, I assumed that the recordings were simply layered and that live they'd be more "stripped down" but all the looping really added another element to the show IMO.

[quote name='JoeS' post='61223' date='Sep 16 2007, 04:46 PM']I thought exactly the same thing, I assumed that the recordings were simply layered and that live they'd be more "stripped down" but all the looping really added another element to the show IMO.[/quote]

Apparently it's all live loops on the record and not overdubs. They've got their looping skills nailed!