Why become a member? ×

Vid: Pick Bass Shootout (Different Basses Played With A Pick)

Rib13Bass

I havent been posting a lot of my videos here lately but I decided to post this one because its a demo of several basses played with a (sometimes neglected) plectrum.

I thought some players here may find it interesting so, here it is. Enjoy

Edited by Rib13Bass
  • Like 3

On 29/09/2023 at 07:52, musicbassman said:

Not the most useful exercise unless the same set of strings was transferred from one bass to the next.

Thanks for watching! Unfortunately, Im a RN by dayjob so I do the best I can under time constraints....However, I can tell you this: the strings on ALL the basses are D'Addario XLs Roundwounds........Most are new, a few are a little broken in. No strings are dead or lifeless. Thats the best I can do while YouTube is still a hobby and Im busy starting IVs and giving enemas for a living :D ...Im hoping that the video at least gives a ballpark representation of each instrument........There was no palm muting on any of the demos. What you heard was the tonality/characteristic of an instrument within that mix context

Also:  Everything I record I do direct with NO track EQing : straight out of bass into the interface. I add a little compression (mostly limiting) but thats the only processing

Edited by Rib13Bass
  • Like 2