Why become a member? ×

Help Choosing Gator Gig Bag

Chadu25

Hi everyone,

Currently on the lookout for a new gig bag for my Lakland 55-02. Wanted to know your opinion on these choices. I've a mono vertigo and I love it but dont' want to spend that much for aother bag so I'm keen to try the Gator brand. But I'm torn with any of these options:

Gator Pro Go X Series - £125.00

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-Pro-Go-X-Series-Gig-Bag-for-Bass-Guitars/2SSL

Gator ICON - £159.00

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-ICON-Series-Bag-for-Bass-Guitars-Black/5DLI

Gator G-PG-BASS Pro-Go - £174.50

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-G-PG-BASS-Pro-Go-Ultimate-Bass-Guitar-Gig-Bag/1VQ7

Really like the Icon and based on the videos I've watched, seems like it offers the most protection of the 3 but the heaviest @10.8 lbs

So my next options are the ProGo and the ProGo X.

I mostly commute and part of that is a 8-12 min walk to the station. Do share you experiences/reviews! Might also consider the Mono sleeve but I really like the extra padding on the side walls.

Cheers!

I have the full fat Pro Go Ultimate and also the Pro Go X (which is pretty much the same as their Transit bag), out of the two the Pro Go Ultimate is definitely the superior bag in terms of rigidity, protection and well thought out storage. I liked it so much I bought the guitar version for my headless!

I got the Pro Go X for £50 in a clearance sale years ago back when they were only £100 new, tbh I wouldn't pay that new price let alone what they go for now. If I needed a cheaper semi rigid gigbag now I'd probably go for a TGI Extreme which are around £50.

I have both the Pro Go and the X series (which I also picked up in a sale a few years back)

The Pro Go has a lot more storage and much better padding but is a fair bit heavier. It feels absolutely indestructible as well. A great bag.....

I find the front pocket in the X series not so easy to use and it's a bit short of storage. It has an odd G shaped hook which tends to come undone unless it's stuffed. I don't think its worth the full price though. (Theres a top of the line Fender FB1225 bag that I have which is a lot better and cheaper) And the TGI Extreme is good as well.

Edited by Mudpup

Like many people on here I picked up a Pro Go X in the £50 sale a few years ago. Actually I got 3! They are fine for £50 but I wouldn't buy another at full price. When these eventually wear out I'm just going to replace them all with the only other gig bag I own, a Mono.

PXL_20220419_124848006.jpg