Why become a member? ×

New Spacewasters Album Recorded

Lozz196

So just got back from recording our 2nd album (I wasn’t on the 1st). I’ve no tracks to put up hence putting here rather than in the other section.

We were fortunate enough to do the recording in Portugal at Boz Boorers (of Polecats/Morrisey fame to name a couple of the many things he’s done). We didn’t take any instruments, just used what he had at the studio - for me a rather nice 1969 Fender Precision which played & sounded great.

We set off Monday morning, got there early afternoon after Boz had picked us up and driven us to the studio which is at his place way up in the mountains. We set up the equipment and did one test track Monday evening to get the feel of the place.

Work then commenced Tuesday at 11am and went through to 2:30am on Weds to break the back of the tracks, getting bass/drums/1 rhythm guitar down for all 12 songs. 

From there we completed the 12 songs by midday Friday, then headed to the airport for or flight home. Which was cancelled! So it was rescheduled for today and have just got home, exhausted but buzzing after such a great week. I can’t wait to hear the fully mixed & mastered album.

• Like 13

14 hours ago, Jackroadkill said:

That sounds like a great experience - what's next for the band?

I think we’ll wait til we get the mixed/mastered copy through then decide on which track to put a video to, put that out to generate a bit of interest then look to release the album. We also included in the 12 tracks a song intended as a single so that may also come out before the album release.

• Like 2