Why become a member? ×

Hello from Duesseldorf, Germany

hammerbot

Hi everyone!

My Name is Ingo and I am from near Düsseldorf in Germany.

I play a variety of instruments because i love music and instruments - means, I don't claim I am a professional on any of them, but up to the level that I enjoy what I am doing.

I have been playing bass guitar now since more or less 20 years (Yamaha RBX374 & Warwick The Alien by Lakewood), starting at University, but originally started out on drum set (at 12), and guitar (14) for playing at the campfire. Since a couple of years I am becoming more and more fascinated with hand percussion, Djembe, tongue drums and handpans.

I have recorded some tracks of mine during the years, most are instrumental, but otherwise quite diverse in genre/style.

An all original instrumental acoustic track, with guitar and my Warwick Alien : 

Or, as a second example featuring my German-made Warwick The Alien acoustic bass guitar:

If you are interested, you can find my released songs anywhere via : https://songwhip.com/balthas

As I have mentioned, my current interest has shifted a bit torwards tongue drums / handpans, because these are instruments I can easily grab and have fun with these days with full-time job and two kids - This is also the reason why I am looking for a caring new owner of my Warwick Alien bass made by Lakewood, because i need some funding. I will post it in the correct place.

Anyways, great to be here, thank you !

Edited by hammerbot
giving a better examplary music video
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerbot said:

Hi everyone!

My Name is Ingo and I am from near Düsseldorf in Germany.

I play a variety of instruments because i love music and instruments - means, I don't claim I am a professional on any of them, but up to the level that I enjoy what I am doing.

I have been playing bass guitar now since more or less 20 years (Yamaha RBX374 & Warwick The Alien by Lakewood), starting at University, but originally started out on drum set (at 12), and guitar (14) for playing at the campfire. Since a couple of years I am becoming more and more fascinated with hand percussion, Djembe, tongue drums and handpans.

I have recorded some tracks of mine during the years, most are instrumental, but otherwise quite diverse in genre/style.

An all original instrumental (hard/alt (?)) rock track : 

Or, as a second example featuring my German-made Warwick The Alien acoustic bass guitar:

If you are interested, you can find my released songs anywhere via : https://songwhip.com/balthas

As I have mentioned, my current interest has shifted a bit torwards tongue drums / handpans, because these are instruments I can easily grab and have fun with these days with full-time job and two kids - This is also the reason why I am looking for a caring new owner of my Warwick Alien bass made by Lakewood, because i need some funding. I will post it in the correct place.

Anyways, great to be here, thank you !

Greetings Ingo!

I loved Skeletons - perfect to chill out at the end of a stressful day

The drums can be fun and handy ...but don't stray too far from the bass - the world needs your 'Alien' melodies too ☺

• Thanks 1

On 13/09/2023 at 23:51, sandy_r said:

Greetings Ingo!

The drums can be fun and handy ...but don't stray too far from the bass - the world needs your 'Alien' melodies too ☺

Thank you very much Sandy ;) No, the bass will always be part of me ;) thank you for giving a listen and the much appreciated feedback!

• Like 1

On 13/09/2023 at 23:51, sandy_r said:

Greetings Ingo!

Dear Sandy,

I figured that my rock track didn't really show the way I like to play my bass - in 'Alien' melodies how you termed it ;) - so  I decided to replace the vid with another one that follows this approach, called "At my feet".

Cheers and take care!

1 hour ago, hammerbot said:

Dear Sandy,

I figured that my rock track didn't really show the way I like to play my bass - in 'Alien' melodies how you termed it ;) - so  I decided to replace the vid with another one that follows this approach, called "At my feet".

Cheers and take care!

Cool, I'll check this new track out, thanks  (No disrespect to your rock track!) 

BTW 'Alien' melodies named because: Warwick Alien 

take it easy 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hammerbot said:

Dear Sandy,

hi Ingo

Another great track - a nice contrast with Skeletons: moody and full of suspense, lots of space to let the emotions work.

Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandy_r said:

hi Ingo

Another great track - a nice contrast with Skeletons: moody and full of suspense, lots of space to let the emotions work.

Thanks for sharing!

hi Sandy,

thank you for taking the time to listen and giving me feedback! Much appreciated :D Thank you very much!
And no worries, I felt no disrespect for the other track, and I quite like to term "alien melodies" ;)

Have you shared any music of yours anywhere to check out?

Thanks and take care! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hammerbot said:

Have you shared any music of yours anywhere to check out?

hi Ingo

The nearest recording I can find which suits the mood of 'Skeletons' or 'At Your Feet' is something which my son 'wrote' when he was getting interested in guitar as a teenager (it's ok BCers - he moved on to Bass later 😉) - he played it to me and asked me to provide some bass for the piece there and then - no pressure!  

here's a clip... 

Edited by sandy_r
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sandy_r said:

hi Ingo

The nearest recording I can find which suits the mood of 'Skeletons' or 'At Your Feet' is something which my son 'wrote' when he was getting interested in guitar as a teenager (it's ok BCers - he moved on to Bass later 😉) - he played it to me and asked me to provide some bass for the piece there and then - no pressure!  

here's a clip... 

Hi Sandy,

How sweet and dreamy, with some lovely melodious bass lines! Thank you for the effort of "digging" this out and sharing! This is a treasure to cherish, a moment of time shared with a person close to us captured in a piece of music

55 minutes ago, hammerbot said:

Hi Sandy,

How sweet and dreamy, with some lovely melodious bass lines! Thank you for the effort of "digging" this out and sharing! This is a treasure to cherish, a moment of time shared with a person close to us captured in a piece of music

Thank you for kind words, Ingo, just some simple music but, as you say, with value due to shared experience.  I think I read that you also have children, so I wish you and your family much enjoyment discovering music together in future years

I hope you find this site interesting, helpful and fun, and that you make some good new friends here

• Like 1