Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Soundgear SRMS805 multiscale bass with upgrades ***PRICE DROP*** - *SOLD*
£750
Bath, Somerset

pajhartley

*** PRICE DROP TO £650 ***

Hi, all. Up for sale a lovely condition Ibanez SRMS805, with upgrades as described below.

I bought this off @Jellyfish, and I think it first came from @Kev via @Prime, & I think it's Kev's description of the upgrades which I attach below. I had one of the stock ones before (when it was called an SRFF805, I seem to remember), and although it was a great bass it was a bit dull & unresponsive to my ears, exactly due to the rather substandard Chinese Bartolinis and Ibanez electronics. So all that's fixed in this one and I can attest, having tried both, to the superb upgrade in sound. In all, you've got a £999 bass with almost £400 of upgrades, all for a bargain £750.

The only upgrade I made was to replace the plastic knobs with rather nice metal ones, which adds some aesthetics!

Condition-wise it's excellent, just a bit of buckle rash but nothing extraordinary. Low action, plays beautifully with no issues. I'm only selling as I'm not playing the sort of stuff that this fits, so it's a bit superfluous, but I love the sound, weight and the feel of the fanned frets.

Collection from Bath, or meet up close to. If it goes for the asking price or thereabouts I'm more than happy personally delivering almost anywhere within a few hundred miles of Bath, I quite like making a day out of it! I would be willing to post, & to do so I'd take the neck off & pack it all well (if untidily, going by past experience of my packaging skills!).

So here's the description of the upgrades, let me know if you need any further information. And you can always come round & try it out in Bath!

"Up for sale I have a special bass, an Ibanez SRMS805 multiscale 5 string bass.  This one has the Twilight finish with some lovely grain poplar burl.

I bought this new last year and stripped out its Ibanez preamp and its seriously average chinese licensed Bartolini BH2 pickups out and installed US Classic Bass Soapbars and a 3 band Bartolini HR-5.2AP/918 preamp.   Configuration has changed from stock to make this the ultimate tone machine and works as follows:-

Volume - Push Pull Active/Passive

Blend

Treble

Mids - Push Pull Frequency Selector

Bass

Toggle Switch 1 - Series/Coil Tap/Parallel Bridge Pickup

Toggle Switch 2 - Series/Coil Tap/Parallel Neck Pickup

If you've played a stock SRMS805 before, this one will play the same but tonally it really is an entirely different animal.  Its fantastic and the array of different tones you can get from all the different coil arrangements is wonderful."

IMG_1718.jpeg

IMG_1719.jpeg

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

Edited by pajhartley
Sold
  • Like 10

• pajhartley changed the title to Ibanez Soundgear SRMS805 multiscale bass with upgrades ***SOLD***