Why become a member? ×

'90 Warwick Streamer Stage I 4 string

warwickhunt

Good condition for a well gigged bass with lightly flamed rock maple body, a few dings or dinks and minimal worming. I have the action pretty low on this and as a result there is one fret a smidgen high @ about the 18th fret on the G string which gives a double note when fretted there and the next fret up. I'm only mentioning this as I've not been bothered by it enough to get it looked at (action just a mm or two higher i.e. 'normal' would mean this would disappear)... best thing is that I can refuse to play Free's 'All Right Now' because of this double note! :) The bass is superbly balanced and @ 9lb 6oz not a heavy weight for an all maple bodied bass (excuse my obsession with weight but my shoulder is fecked :lol: ); fingerboard edges are nicely rolled as per that period Warwick and the tone is superb (2 band EQ). I'm not in a rush to give this away so I'm open to sensible offers (certainly looking for close to 4 figures) and I'd be open to trades/swaps for a downsized, lightweight bass such as a Sadowsky. I'll get more pics as and when the camera emerges from it's hiding place. :rolleyes:

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='481536' date='May 6 2009, 11:58 PM']bluey's younger brother! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I prefer to think of her as a prettier sister. :lol:

The 'Jazz' basses have all been snapped up but as usual the usual apathy toward all things Warwick! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='482278' date='May 7 2009, 06:40 PM']I prefer to think of her as a prettier sister. :lol:

The 'Jazz' basses have all been snapped up but as usual the usual apathy toward all things Warwick! :)[/quote]

seeing as you are trying to sell this beauty i will agree whole heartedly with you. The pretty sister. :rolleyes:

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='482612' date='May 8 2009, 12:08 AM']If it was your orange one I'd be putting my girlfriend on the game to raise the cash. :)[/quote]

That one went to a European, Warwick endorsee some time ago. :rolleyes:

[quote name='YouMa' post='482647' date='May 8 2009, 04:27 AM']I hope it sells quicker than mine did,lots of compliments no cash im afraid.Nice guitars.[/quote]

Oddly enough last year I considered buying an identical high gloss lacquer bass to this in the same see-thru red and the two that I found couldn't be bought for less than £1000. The strength of the Euro and the Dollar might make things more interesting, so I'm probably going to put all of the Warwicks up on TB and see what happens, especially as I've found a very reasonably priced International courier. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='482657' date='May 8 2009, 07:01 AM']That one went to a European, Warwick endorsee some time ago. :rolleyes:[/quote]

:)

Good luck getting a decent price for this one anyway. Incidentally I spotted a '91 Thumb on eBay last week that went for just over £1100, and it ultimately sold to the guy I bought my '91 Thumb off five years ago (but I paid considerably less than that!). So maybe word is getting out now about how good these basses are.

• 2 weeks later...