Why become a member? ×

Stereo IEM wireless “bugs”

Jakester

Does anyone know whether there’s a stereo equivalent of something like the Xvive U4?

I love the simplicity of it - a band member uses one - but I’m wedded to my stereo IEM mix after years of mono and don’t really want to go back.

I know I can get a ‘proper’ IEM system that’ll do stereo, but (for various, boring, reasons) I’d prefer the U4 form factor. 

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

No, you'd have to combine the outputs of two users into one summing mixer. Use a Insert cable from the U4s into a PM1 for example.

Ah, that's way too much stuff for very little benefit. 

I was trying to avoid getting a rack mount wireless system, as it's just one more piece of gear to lug round, cables etc, whereas the U4 is just two small pieces of kit. I currently use a wired connection to a P2, but it's a pain when you move around (to adjust a mic, for example) not realising you're still wired in!

Hmm, I may see whether I can cope with going back to mono then.

Edit: I wonder whether I could use two U3 systems in reverse - i.e. use the mic packs in the mixer and the receiver ends into my P2. Expensive though!

https://xvive.com/audio/product/u3-microphone-wireless/

Edited by Jakester

On 31/08/2023 at 12:21, Jakester said:

Ah, that's way too much stuff for very little benefit. 

I was trying to avoid getting a rack mount wireless system, as it's just one more piece of gear to lug round, cables etc, whereas the U4 is just two small pieces of kit. I currently use a wired connection to a P2, but it's a pain when you move around (to adjust a mic, for example) not realising you're still wired in!

Hmm, I may see whether I can cope with going back to mono then.

Edit: I wonder whether I could use two U3 systems in reverse - i.e. use the mic packs in the mixer and the receiver ends into my P2. Expensive though!

https://xvive.com/audio/product/u3-microphone-wireless/

You can... and people do. I talk about similar in the IEM bible thread.

If I was going down this route, I'd mount the receivers in a pouch on my bass with a unbalanced XLR stereo feed from the two receivers to a P2. Trying to hang all that off your belt will pull your trousers down.

Edited by EBS_freak

On 30/08/2023 at 23:59, Jakester said:

Does anyone know whether there’s a stereo equivalent of something like the Xvive U4?

I love the simplicity of it - a band member uses one - but I’m wedded to my stereo IEM mix after years of mono and don’t really want to go back.

I know I can get a ‘proper’ IEM system that’ll do stereo, but (for various, boring, reasons) I’d prefer the U4 form factor. 

Lekato MS-1? https://www.gigsandguitars.com/lekato-ms-1-iem-review/