Why become a member? ×

Probably should be in "Share Your Music"...

Dankology

...but there's not much footfall there, plus this is really a request for advice rather than a proud unveilling.

My band is working on some tracks at the moment, recording and mixing ourselves at home. This particular song has been through a few mixes and we've got a bit stuck with the vocal sound. The singer is very keen to have a distorted, almost megaphone effect throughout the verses while the guitarist is not so keen. I sit somewhere in the middle - I think it might work as an effect on a single verse or half of each verse.

Please have listen and let me know your thoughts - we've likely lost all perspective here. (Also, we're hoping to replace the rather formless guitar passages in the intro and prior to the second verse with something a bit more melodic and definite.)

4 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

It's fine as it is; there's enough character in the voice to carry it, right through to the end. It needs no gadget megaphone. :rWNVV2D:

Now you've confused me... the effect is on both verses at the moment - are you saying it's fine as-is, or that the vocal would be fine without them? 😆

9 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Whatever is being used on that track is fine 'as is'. If that's with the 'megaphone' effect, keep it. Sorry for the confusion; it would have been more clear if we had one track with, another without. B|

That would be very sensible but risks drawing you into the vortex of uncertainty I now find myself in.

To be fair, the fact that an outsider hasn't immediately said that it sounds odd or gimmicky is very helpful indeed.

Unless you have terrible taste, of course.