Why become a member? ×

Klos?

Oldfartback

I like it. It's under 8lbs and the neck is great, really easy to get around. The sustain is brilliant. Love the look of the bass, the colour too and I've never had a problem with the small headstock. It's functional with straight string pull behind the nut and it's about as small as they could realistically go without making it headless which I read they didn't want to do. 

The pickups sound good to my ears but in hindsight I think I should have gone active. I thought a passive set up would tame the natural brightness of the carbon fibre neck but if anything I am finding I need a little bit more so have taken to using the bass with a Sadowsky preamp pedal which works an absolute treat. 

My only real gripe is the extra bit of material after the last fret. I guess it's all part of the neck sitting deeper into the pocket but it gets in the way a bit at times. I still haven't checked but I believe the pickup route is a swimming pool job so I will likely get another pickguard made up with the neck pickup route further back towards the bridge. 

Right now I'm thinking about whether I will keep the 4 once they announce the 5 as that's what I play these days but I'm in no rush.

Hope this helps!

Keir

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dub_junkie said:

My only real gripe is the extra bit of material after the last fret.

That's super interesting as I though the same thing...I get it got in the way with upward slap pop's as I think in general its a great bass for slap but I found that a bit awkward...

Ahh the 5 I've not heard about so will look out for that