Why become a member? ×

FS - Dingwall Afterburner 1 6 strings - Pending
£12345
South East London/Lewisham/Greenwich

alinbassplayer

I have managed to find a 5 string Dingwall AB1 so this is going for sale only from trade only

I've owned this bass for the past 3 or so years, it plays beautifully and has kinda ruined me for other basses tbh, however for the 2nd time in the last 10 years i have to concede that i don't need a 6 string bass, i am prone to noodling, but the genre of music i play does not really need 6 strings on bass, and as much as i would like to, i feel more comfortable on a 5 string.

So without further ado, I am putting up for sale my beloved black 6 string Dingwall Afterburner 1.

It has been played and has a few knocks and scratches which i will photograph and and send over on request. It is passive and full stock(as it came)

As far as i can conclude, the body is Alder, neck is Maple and fretboard is Wenge, pickups i think are FDV's. The only thing of notice is the fact that the nut was filed for a .152 B string(or whatever other tuning was used) and i have used exclusively .130 Dingwall strings and tbh it has not been an issue at all, string has never slipped or moved or anything like that, however should you feel concerned i am sure you can get an AB nut from Bass Direct. Strings have been used but not excessively, I can include a new set with the trade, Also in regards to tuning, my lowest is G# and the definition and growl i had as well as good tension has always been top notch.

Drop me a PM with sensible offers, this is a beautiful instrument that really shouldn't stay in a case "gathering dust"

IMG_8544.thumb.jpeg.914a2c6d79e6b70e9369de4e93a45696.jpeg

IMG_8545.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8547.jpeg

IMG_8548.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

Edited by alinbassplayer
removed price as bass is for sale somewhere else
  • Like 2

Lovely instrument!

Appreciate it's just for trade but we do need you to include a trade value/guide price for the bass in the thread title or post, assuming it isn't £12,345? ;)

Cheers, and best of luck with the trade!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• alinbassplayer changed the title to FS - Dingwall Afterburner 1 6 strings - Pending