Why become a member? ×

Vintage V4 Tony Butler Signature P Bass - *SOLD*
£215
Lancaster

ash

The last of my Precision type instruments for sale because I can no longer manage the wider 70’s style F type necks. 

This is a Vintage V4 Tony Butler Signature Bass. This series of basses was created by Vintage to recreate the classic look of the 70’s era Precision on a budget.

The hardware is by Wilkinson and the fit and finish is of a very high quality. 

The bass was purchased as a back up to my old (now sold) Fender black and maple ‘79 Precision. The classic JJ Burnell, Roger Waters, Bruce Foxton and Tony Butler P style bass. You can of course spend a fortune on an old Fender or get this for much less and not be worried about it in the back of your car after the gig!

The bass weighs 4.1kgs and nut width is just under 42mm. It’s a fairly shallow shaped neck and balances well. The pickups and hardware do their job well but could be great for a modding platform. The neck has a suitably retro look with a yellow tint and a glossy but not sticky finish. It’s nice and straight with good frets and working trussrod. It’s currently wearing a set of heavier gauge round wound D’Addarios.

It’s in excellent condition apart from a couple of dings and scratches on the back sustained at some point in transit. See pics. 

There is no gigbag or case so I’d prefer pickup but I’m happy to box up and send this at buyer’s cost.

These are great value instruments as a primary or backup instrument. Sorry no trades.

Edited by ash
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Awesome basses, had one as a backup to my Fender US Standard Precision and there wasn’t much difference between them at all. 

Great basses. Punch way above their price tag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ash changed the title to Vintage V4 Tony Butler Signature P Bass sold