Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA PIEZO PROB.

B.Flat

Apologies for slow response.

The bass is YAMAHA MOTION LB 2. I can only find two examples on the internet, neither being exactly like mine. It has a piezo bridge and led markers on an ebony fret board. 

The examples I found have either or, but neither has both. Maybe someone can identify the exact model for me.

I think, from the pickups and layout it is probably the same electronics as the TRB 4P, which I think appeared later, but I can't be sure. The Yamaha serial N°. regime I find hard to negotiate.

Anyway,  I think I need a new piezo insert for the saddle, but I have no idea how to go about obtaining the correct one.

Unfortunately I am not in UK.

there is a Yamaha France site, i would start by emailing the contact/support email and ask there first, if they can't help direct they should be able to point you to a company that can.

https://fr.yamaha.com/fr/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/

having said that due to the age of the bass i'd be surprised if they can supply a direct replacement part, they might be able to sell you a new set of saddles with the pickups built in though, failing that you might need to buy a different aftermarket set of saddles and swap them out.

I couldn't find a clear photo of the bridge online, if you could post one here then maybe someone might recognise it and be able to offer some more information.

Matt

Here are some photos of the piezo bridge.You can see the white wire entering the saddle to which the piezo element should be fixed. The third photo shows the radius-ended oblong recess which is about 3mm square and about 2mm  wide.

There is a little grub screw to hold it in place, top left in the fourth photo.

I don't have an original p;element to show because the previous owner has obviously had a go at it and glues the things in with superglue, so they have been destroyed in getting them out.

I am hoping someone can suggest a positive course of action before I loose the will to live ! I really want to restore this bass as in all other respects is amazing and almost identical to a TRB 4P which I have always regretted selling.

DSCN3886.JPG

DSCN3887.JPG

DSCN3888.JPG

DSCN3889.JPG

DSCN3890.JPG

• 2 weeks later...