Why become a member? ×

(Belated) NBD

TheGreek

I do this cautiously knowing that I put myself at risk any time I walk down a dark alley.

Those of us who attend any of the local Bass Bashes will probably have seen this, some people may even have played it. Many of us may have spoken to its creator,  Jezza or @Jabba_the_gut about parting with one of his creations but he being the perfectionist that he is it seemed virtually impossible to acquire one.

I was lucky enough to be in the right place when @Owen decided to move this on. After all,  it wouldn't be right to have two,  would it.

Parcelforce did their best to delay delivery but I was able to collect from my local depot on Thursday evening. 

Home, I managed to break the A string tuning it up, great start - haven't done this in years. 

Finally managed to plug it in and play.

Wow...for a 27" bass it really does sound amazing.  Lots of usable tones, great build quality (as you'd expect from Jezza) , lovely, lovely smooth neck. Played only on the knee so far so can't comment on balance - can't believe it will suffer from neck dive though. 

Initially I was frustrated by the lack of neck markings till I realised that, with a flick of the switch,  the Lumanix LEDs come to life providing the markers.

The seller, @Owensent the bass strung with custom roundwounds and a set of tapewounds in the gigbag which will eventually find their way back on.

I didn't realise how used you get to the scale when you play standard length bass. This, being 27",  contrived to outsmart me so a few hours of practice on the micro bass required before I can feel confident and adept with it .

Needless to say I look forward to those hours.

Thanks to Jezza for creating the bass, thanks to @Owen for his moment of madness when he agreed to sell.

Previous thread:

20230722_145634.jpg

20230722_145604.jpg

20230722_145455.jpg

20230722_145527.jpg

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 4