Why become a member? ×

Stop interface disconnecting when computer sleeps

velvetkevorkian

I have a Windows 11 PC and an SSL 2 USB audio interface, which work nicely most of the time. My only issue is that sometimes (maybe 50% of the time?) when the computer wakes from standby/sleep the interface isn't detected until I unplug and reconnect it. Anyone know if there's a Windows 11 setting you can fiddle with to prevent this sort of thing? My knowledge of lower level Windows configuration is wildly out of date.

I know nothing o Windows 11, but if it's anything like Windows 10, try this...

Open the 'Device Manager'...

Open 'Hardware and Sound'...

Unroll 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers'...

Right-click on each in turn and look at the Power Management' tab...

Check or un-check anything relevant to your issue (some will not have a 'Power management' tab; pass on those...).

Hope this helps. :rWNVV2D:

SKVGfeI.png

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

To resolve the issue of your SSL 2 USB audio interface not being detected consistently after your Windows 11 PC wakes from sleep or standby, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Ensure that you have the latest USB drivers for your motherboard and USB controller. You can usually find these drivers on the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Windows has a feature called "USB Selective Suspend" that can sometimes interfere with USB devices when the computer enters sleep mode. You can disable it to see if it helps
Right-click the "Start" button and select "Device Manager."
Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section.
Right-click on each USB Root Hub and USB Composite Device, then choose "Properties."
Go to the "Power Management" tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
Click "OK" to apply the changes for each USB device listed.

Ensure that your SSL 2 USB audio interface has the latest firmware and drivers installed. You can check the SSL website for any updates or support resources specific to your device.

Sometimes, Windows power settings can affect USB devices. Make sure your power plan settings are not overly aggressive in turning off USB ports to save power.
Open the "Settings" app.
Go to "System" > "Power & sleep."
Click on "Additional power settings."
Select your power plan (usually "Balanced" by default) and click "Change plan settings."
Click on "Change advanced power settings."
Under "USB settings," ensure that "USB selective suspend setting" is set to "Disabled" for both battery and plugged in modes.
Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save the changes.

Try connecting your SSL 2 to a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, specific USB ports may have issues.

Check your computer's BIOS or UEFI settings for any USB-related options. Some motherboards have USB-specific settings that can be adjusted.

If the issue persists, consider reaching out to SSL (Solid State Logic) customer support for specific guidance related to your SSL 2 USB audio interface.

By following these steps, you can hopefully resolve the issue of your USB audio interface not being detected consistently after your Windows 11 PC wakes from sleep or standby.