Why become a member? ×

Warm Audio Mutation Phasor II (Mutron Clone)

ped

I'm expecting one of these in the post tomorrow. I love my Mutron pedals, but I found the phasors a problem because they need a 110v power supply and can't be used with batteries. This is a clone of the II circuit and uses a similar style case to the original, albeit a bit smaller. I love how they've recreated the Mutron knobs though, because they're impossible to find and expensive. 

Full findings when it arrives. I'm mostly using a Phase90 at the moment, although I tend to use my Russian Bassballs for a less subtle phasing sort of sound. Nonetheless this will be fund to try. I hope they do a Mutron III clone too.

Warm-Audio-Mutation-Phasor-II-Pedal-og-1200x630.webp

• Like 3

OK I've had a play. It's a really cute little pedal, and feels extremely solid and heavy. I don't have an original to compare it to, but it sounds very watery and full range. It's a six stage phaser so it's a bit less abrupt than my Phase90 and there's a slight boost when engaged, I think, which is a good thing. Certainly not a cut, anyway. There's no loss of bottom, but I'll be interested to see how it works in a mix as sometimes I find the slight shift towards a low mid focus with the phase 90 helps accentuate the sound a little. The speed dial is pretty crazy, it still does super slow shifting which is my preference but cranked up it goes absolutely crazy, which I think would sound pretty nice for shimmery guitar accents.

IMG_6245.jpeg

• Like 2

Ooh this is interesting for sure. Was considering the Phasor III/Baby Phase for these tones. I sold my Wombtone II a while back (which was based on the MuTron) as I wasn’t using the midi stuff but I miss the sound.

I’ve got a Maestro Orbit on order which is an update of the original Tom Oberheim phaser. 

Feature and size wise the Wombtone is hard to beat, 2/4/6 stages, mix and volume control, midi…. and it sounds great in the YouTube videos. 

But the prices… and no one to be found in the EU so another 25% on the asking price plus shipping for me.

You could buy two or three other cool phaser pedals for the price of one Wombtone.

8 minutes ago, Pamparius said:

Feature and size wise the Wombtone is hard to beat, 2/4/6 stages, mix and volume control, midi…. and it sounds great in the YouTube videos. 

But the prices… and no one to be found in the EU so another 25% on the asking price plus shipping for me.

You could buy two or three other cool phaser pedals for the price of one Wombtone.

Part of the reason I sold it was that I needed money for other stuff and I sold it for twice what I paid for it two years earlier and that was for about £100 less than others were asking for theirs.

It definitely sounds lush but I was never going to use the dip switch stuff and I didn’t need all the LFO, tremolo and expression options. I also only used about two sounds on it, one 4-stage sound, one 6-stage sound. Can definitely get that with a cheaper analogue pedal and use my loop switcher to get MIDI on/off functionality.