Why become a member? ×

New half a cab day

TheGreek

I bought (what supposed to be) an Acoustic 406 cab from eBay - I thought it was a bit of a steal - collected it earlier to find it was actually half a 406 (2x15) with only one speaker and chopped in half.

I'm on the fence about being disappointed as I don't really have the room for a huge 2x15 cab at home and would need a monster head to drive the 600w cab at 2ohms. 

I do know that what I did get works properly as the seller had set it up in his man cave to try. 

I believe that there can't be that many Acoustic 406 cabs which have been doctored in this was - wondering if anybody knows any more about it. I bought it in Essex.

• Confused 1

On 09/07/2023 at 11:42, TheGreek said:

I bought it in Essex.

Here is your problem. Aliens inhabit that planet.

Seriously though it’s weird that anyone would doctor a classic like that. Nothing more to add but hopefully the bump might elicit more info.

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Yep, just look at the Audi drivers.

Over here we run the gauntlet: Lexus, Honda, in fact almost all foreign high end imports including Porsche and Tesla. They all seem to think that road rules don't apply to them especially speed limits! :(

On 19/07/2023 at 10:42, msb said:

I’ve driven around Toronto.

madness

The youngest of our four brothers and his wife are visiting next week from Liverpool. He's renting a car and will be driving to see the city and the Falls. I'm scared stiff about him driving in our country but he IS a big lad now so he knows best!  :(