Why become a member? ×

Confused as where to go after my combo

Minininjarob

39 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

Polar Audio used to be the Gallien Krueger dealer for the UK.  They aren't anymore and have been selling off all their GK gear on eBay.  Most of the good stuff has gone but they still have some Legacy210 800W combos available.  They are a bit over your budget at £699 but this is about half price!  A new Legacy 800 head will cost £850 from Andertons and that doesn't come with a cab.

I bought a legacy 800 115 combo from Polar on eBay - for a “too good to be true” price. Turns out, it was too good to be true…. I think they’re just selling if returns and Bstocks as mine had fooked speaker. 

1 hour ago, Brucegill said:

I bought a legacy 800 115 combo from Polar on eBay - for a “too good to be true” price. Turns out, it was too good to be true…. I think they’re just selling if returns and Bstocks as mine had fooked speaker. 

I bought a Legacy 800 head from them last year and it was brand new, with absolutely nothing wrong.  It's still going strong and I have been so impressed I've ordered a Fusion S from Andertons too.

Originally Polar Audio had loads of really good GK kit on sale via their eBay site.  Almost all of that has gone now, though they still have a lot of 210 Legacy combos. 

If you have just bought the 15combo, you had one of the last ones, so maybe they saved the crap ones until last.  Apparently, they were hopeless as dealers so GK gave them the elbow and Andertons have taken over (without the discounts unfortunately).

• 2 weeks later...