Why become a member? ×

1983/84 Squire SQ precision bass - *SOLD*
£500
Gosport

Bassman666

Evening folks, for sale here is my 1983/84 Squire SQ precision bass. This is a lovely lightweight bass that plays and sounds fantastic. It's clearly lived and has multiple scratches and chips (I've tried to photo them however can get better pictures if wanted) however it is a 40 year old instrument! I bought this and was sold it as mostly original however after abit of research it turns out it's not. The pickguard and controls are not original (which I was aware of) the pickup is. It also appears to have had the tuners and bridge replaced, possibly with JV parts. The bridge has threaded saddles and the tuners are reverse wind. It's a great precision and would make a great gigging bass. Any questions please feel free to ask. 

**There is another one of these for sale on here currently and I have priced it lower, not to undercut the seller but due to the non original parts. 

DSC_1419.JPG

DSC_1418.JPG

DSC_1420.JPG

DSC_1421.JPG

DSC_1422.JPG

DSC_1423.JPG

DSC_1424.JPG

DSC_1425.JPG

DSC_1426.JPG

DSC_1427.JPG

DSC_1428.JPG

DSC_1429.JPG

Edited by Bassman666
  • Like 5

Classic.

Ticks all the boxes for me: nice 3-tone sunburst and a really dark rosewood board. The changed pickguard and knobs look absolutely fine; the full-sized reverse-wind tuners and the threaded saddles are a real bonus.

This will not hang around.

• Like 1

What a fantastic buy! I've just bought one of these. And am currently adding the same mods as this, to make it JV spec (spiral bridge/reverse tuners etc) the quality is exactly the same as the JV's (I have one of those too). I'd prefer the burst finish, but I'm still happy with my black one.

Great bass, whoever buy it will be very happy.

• Like 1

• Bassman666 changed the title to SOLD 1983/84 Squire SQ precision bass