Why become a member? ×

Ibanez EHB1006MS - superb, minty fresh six string - FURTHER PRICE DROP TO £875! - *SOLD*
£950
Hampshire

franzbassist

I haven't had this long, so it is mint condition, and the only reason I am selling it is I am remortaging in a month's time and need to build a financial cushion given I'm facing a likely +4% rate rise! :(

The bass is terrific: it sounds amazing (the T1 pickups are fab), is very light (7lbs), and balances beautifully.

The basic specs are an American basswood body with a 5 piece roasted maple and walnut neck with graphite reinforcement rods.  Scale is 32.5"(G) -35" (B) with a roasted birdseye maple fingerboard.  The vari-mid 3-band EQ is powerful and has a bypass switch for passive tone control on the treble pot.

As I said, mint condition but with the following modifications:

• the supplied finger ramp has been fitted (I used good quality 3M double sided tape)
  • I have swapped out the straplocks for Dunlops and also added a second one on the treble side of the bridge (see picture)
  • control knobs upgraded to metal (see picture)
  • I have put some temporary dots over the luminlay side dots to make it easier to see where you are on the neck (see picture)

Slight QC issue is the grey finish has missed in a couple of small, less obvious spots (neck bolt recess and a tiny patch under the bridge, which you can see in the third picture below).

Mix of stock and personal pictures so will look to take more soon.

Price is firm, shipped in the UK in the original packaging and gig bag.  I'll knock £50 off if you collect it.  

FB69D687-4994-4645-9CD8-E9E2A6F89829.thumb.jpeg.d10b687d95bf4e90f02455aa3c9130c6.jpeg

AB1F4EFD-CDD1-46E7-A543-14E88EFB01FB.thumb.jpeg.096a2c5af8d866c748898810fd8e4365.jpeg

AB4A8805-96EC-451B-856B-1FE67CF1E543.thumb.jpeg.6540a396b6c1cb81f7abdce8cc48cf1a.jpeg

6CF0D098-FB18-421E-B816-AF1877B8ABEC.jpeg

A3D8C868-2296-4533-BAF2-5DFAC78F814D.jpeg

0BD5AF04-49B7-42DE-8813-75946141F745.jpeg

A65861A1-5AA8-46C8-814E-6DEBC4337ED2.jpeg

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 6

• franzbassist changed the title to Ibanez EHB1006MS - superb, minty fresh six string for £950 - PICS AND VIDEO ADDED
  • 2 weeks later...
  • franzbassist changed the title to Ibanez EHB1006MS - superb, minty fresh six string - PRICE DROP TO £900!
  • franzbassist changed the title to Ibanez EHB1006MS - superb, minty fresh six string - FURTHER PRICE DROP TO £875!

Do you know if these pickups are rail types - sensing all along their length or separate magnets under each string? Screwdriver or something metallic would probably indicate by tapping along the length of the string. 

32 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Do you know if these pickups are rail types - sensing all along their length or separate magnets under each string? Screwdriver or something metallic would probably indicate by tapping along the length of the string. 

From Ibanez: The T1 pickup is a humbucker featuring two separate, individually mounted coils that provides tight bass response, punchy mid-range, and clear high-end. It offers flexible voicing suitable for various genres, and the height of each coil can be set individually for highly nuanced adjustments to the tone.

Does that help?

I was just reading that 😄

not sure it does tbh. 
You could check it when it’s plugged in, by tapping along the pickup and seeing if the volume changes or you don’t feel the magnets pulling in-between where the strings are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazed said:

I was just reading that 😄

not sure it does tbh. 
You could check it when it’s plugged in, by tapping along the pickup and seeing if the volume changes or you don’t feel the magnets pulling in-between where the strings are. 

I shall investigate further!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dazed said:

Just done this, and yes, they do appear to be rails.

• Thanks 1

• franzbassist changed the title to Ibanez EHB1006MS - superb, minty fresh six string - FURTHER PRICE DROP TO £875! - *SOLD*