Why become a member? ×

Squier Vista Musicmaster Bass - *SOLD*
£425
Manchester

tayste_2000

So I spend most of my time outside of the U.K. and with travelling I’ve fallen in love with shortscale fenders (in guitar gigbag) for this purpose.

As such went a bit nuts. I’m a sucker for basses with matching headstocks. This is the sonic blue colour but it is greener than shots online would have you believe but not quite surf green.

So this is my current 5th shortscale and I tried it for the first time last night. 

Basically it needs new strings (I can include some unopened La Bellas for £50) a setup and a neck shin and for me once all of this is done it still won’t have the really thick varnish of the Vintage Modified Squiers and my Rickenbacker that I love. So that’s my personal preference and before I go any further I wonder if this might be perfect for someone who likes the mustang but doesn’t like the thick vintage gloss on the neck, this is probably closer to my JMJ in feel.

I got it from the original owner who bought it in 1997, it has 1 chip on the headstock shown on the picture and some very small hairline cracks around the heel. I’d put it about 8/9 out of 10 condition.

So I’m looking at moving this on for what I paid before I go to the effort of (what is an hours work for someone) 

Everything works as it should and the pickup is very full and balanced (and I assume far better than the strat pickup the fender musicmasters came with).

It will come with a Thomann Beat bass gig bag which fits perfectly.

I can ship at buyers expense but I’d prefer collection so you can see and confirm condition and ensure you’re happy with everything.

IMG_5120.jpeg

IMG_5119.jpeg

IMG_5121.jpeg

IMG_5122.jpeg

IMG_5123.jpeg

IMG_5124.jpeg

IMG_5125.jpeg

Edited by tayste_2000
Sold
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, tayste_2000 said:

I’ll check and get back to you later.

But if my scales calls me fat I’ll be very annoyed 😂

My scales have been calling me fat for as long as I can remember.  It was either get used to it or diet... I've got used to it now... :D 

• tayste_2000 changed the title to Squier Vista Musicmaster Bass SOLD