Why become a member? ×

EBAY - JAPAN Multiple Different Sellers Same Bass

I have been looking for an Ibanez ATK800 or above and found a couple on Ebay from Japanese Sellers. I thought I found the ideal bass then noticed a couple of days later the exact same bass, same photos same serial number is posted by a different seller, different price. Both sellers say they are owners and have the bass to sell. So the more I looked into the more  I notice that Ebay has same Bass Guitar for sale by sometimes upto 6 Different Seller Accounts.

All sellers appear to have great feedback with hundreds of reviews so doesn't make sense. Are these all scams or what?

Search Ibanez ATK on ebay and will see what I mean.

Andy feedback appreciated - Good or Bad

1 hour ago, andystagestorm said:

I have been looking for an Ibanez ATK800 or above and found a couple on Ebay from Japanese Sellers. I thought I found the ideal bass then noticed a couple of days later the exact same bass, same photos same serial number is posted by a different seller, different price. Both sellers say they are owners and have the bass to sell. So the more I looked into the more  I notice that Ebay has same Bass Guitar for sale by sometimes upto 6 Different Seller Accounts.

All sellers appear to have great feedback with hundreds of reviews so doesn't make sense. Are these all scams or what?

Search Ibanez ATK on ebay and will see what I mean.

Andy feedback appreciated - Good or Bad

Same seller different outlets. Different culture in Japan, but you're generally safe buying there. However, I'd have thought you'd get that (not especially rare) bass quicker and cheaper either by waiting for it on eBay.co.uk or by posting a wanted ad here 

The bass will be for sale from one seller but multiple agencies offer it for sale. The advantage for you is that one of them will do a better deal, write the value down to save on customs fees and save you a packet of cash.

I’ve imported a few from Japan including 2 Rickenbackers but the deal that stuck out was a USA deluxe FMT jazz which was for sale with 5 or 6 agencies at varying prices between £800 and £1500. Obviously I struck a deal at £800 and they wrote the value down to save import duty and were willing to help save money on shipping fees by shopping around.

You’ll also probably find that the bass is in better condition than described as they tend to very (overly) genuine with their condition description.

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 1