Why become a member? ×

Best Cab to pair up with,

Mickyk

They do add a little bit of magic to your sound don't they? A bit like salt and pepper they are an all purpose seasoning, not changing the dish dramatically but just making your bass tastier :)

I don't think there is a straight answer to your question of a best fit. I use the DI out straight to the PA, that is what the audience hears and a flat response/FRFR speaker (LfSys Silverstone) for my monitoring if I need it. my theory is that I want to hear pretty much what the audience is hearing. I use in-ears when I can and that also gives me a clean sound. I quite like the clean sound coming out of my bass and the SansAmp does all my tone shaping. I use the blend control to just add a little seasoning to my sound so it's quite subtle, just enough to get me into the mix.

If you don't want to use an amp at all, then either a powered FRFR cab or straight into the main PA. Or both so you get some personal monitoring on stage.

RCF / Yamaha / QSC all make good powered PA cabs that are excellent for use with preamp pedals and modellers etc.