Why become a member? ×

Brilliant strap , so good i bought 2

fleabag

The strap has arrived. There must be some variability in the lengths of these because it’s exactly the same length as my current strap, hole to hole. Used for a couple of hours already. It’s comfy, but it’s less grippy than my leather one, so the bass doesn’t stay put the same, I’ll get used to it though. The true test will be a two and a half hour rehearsal next week.

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought one too, I’ve been looking for something decent after my Mono strap tore through the strap holes in 3 gigs! 

The Lekato seems great so far, although I had to remove it for recording as it squeaks a LOT against the body of my Overwater. I’m assuming it’s because it’s new and all very tight, so that will probably go after a little use. 

Edited by woodster

Just an update on mine too. I am finding it very comfortable, and it does go short enough for me. I agree with the squeaky comment, mine hasn't stopped squeaking yet after a couple of weeks use. I'm using a bass that's a tad over 9lbs now, so it's really useful.

Rob

Right, so I have this neoprene Lekato strap that also was slightly too long for me. I ordered a thimble, black nylon sewing thread, upholstery needles on Amazon for a total of 18 pounds. I googled "how to sew" then folded the strap at the extremity that does not touch anything when I adjust length, and stitched everything together.

My stitches do not look beautiful up close but that's all hiding inside when I play and the nilon thread is extremely robust.

The strap now is perfect length, and still adjustable

20230531_125840.jpg

20230531_131128.jpg

Edited by Paolo85
  • Like 2

I'm another happy purchaser. After measuring one or two current straps, and translating to primitive measurements, I decided that the 42" to 58" one would be right for me. After hammering a 10mm punch through it and fitting Schaller straplocks, then shortening the neck side and lengthening the body side a bit, it got used in my first gig for 18 months and worked well. I don't think I had to shuffle it round on my shoulder at all, which is something I do find myself doing on occasion with other straps. I have shortened the neck end a bit more since then as it was a bit close to running out of padding - at the minimum length of the neck end of the strap, there's about an inch more padding over my left shoulder than in the photo below.

strap.jpg.1893215395b03d4a5df06bf75fddd1e2.jpg

Edited by tauzero