Why become a member? ×

Hi everyone

maxrossell

I just realised I've been posting like an idiot for a week and I haven't done one of these. Forgive my rudeness.

My name's Max, and I'm the bass player and singer in a band called March. I used to be one of three guitar players but our bassist quit so rather than hire someone else I took over on bass. It's the first time I've held down bass in a band for about nine years, so it's gonna be tough, but I'll get there.

My main job, or occupation, or whatever, is as full-time carer for my girlfriend, who has serious bipolar disorder. Before anyone accuses me of being a dole-scrounger, I get paid the tidy sum of £200 a month by the government to do this job, and considering that if I wasn't doing it the government would have to pay other people ten times more to do the job, the taxpayer's getting a pretty sweet deal.

Before that I worked variously in administration, management, IT, graphic design, editing and a bunch of other stuff.

Other than that, in my spare time I do production, I paint, I'll soon be making videos, and all sorts of other passing hobbies that are far too expensive for my pathetic income.

Also, I lived near Paris from age 7 to age 20 and I'm fluent in French. I'm currently 28, a leukemia survivor and ex-alcoholic.

That's me. Howdy!

I don't think anyone is likely to call you a dole scrounger. That's some task you've taken on there so all power to you. Especially after the obvious turmoil you've had in your life. Welcome to the forum anyway.

A bientot

[quote name='MythSte' post='479062' date='May 4 2009, 04:03 PM']I cant say i ever imagined you taking bass duties in march Max! You really do need an Ampeg on full Tilt for that lot...

I think im coming to preston to grab that 75 re-issue tomorrow. Im rather excited! I hope its still there![/quote]

That's sweet dude. I reckon it'll still be in, stock turnaround in that place is slow as hell.

I couldn't swing the Ampeg (bit pricey for me) so I went with a big Ashdown stack. Nice and fat sound though, I reckon with this new Jazz I just picked up it'll be killer.

Its a small old world! The fella you got that Jazz from took my Old Schroeder Cab and an OLP a while back. Us northwest bassist seem to naturally flock together!

What happened to matt by the way? I hope its not a touchy subject or anything!

[quote name='MythSte' post='479074' date='May 4 2009, 04:13 PM']Its a small old world! The fella you got that Jazz from took my Old Schroeder Cab and an OLP a while back. Us northwest bassist seem to naturally flock together!

What happened to matt by the way? I hope its not a touchy subject or anything![/quote]

Not hugely touchy, no. He's gonna move to London with Rosa in November, so was gonna quit anyway, and he just bailed early. Not heard from him since though, I dunno. He's still playing bass in Heavy Fluid Addicts.