Why become a member? ×

Does anyone know Lee Osborne ?

redstriper

I bought a 1963 fender jazz bass customised by Lee Osborne in 1980.
I would like to contact him, so if anyone knows him please let him know.
He used to play in a Manchester band called Terry Gore and his Showmen back in the 70s and he lived in Bolton at the time.

I know it's a long shot, but...................

[quote name='redstriper' post='475678' date='Apr 30 2009, 02:50 AM']I bought a 1963 fender jazz bass customised by Lee Osborne in 1980.
He used to play in a Manchester band called Terry Gore and his Showmen back in the 70s and he lived in [b][color="#000000"]Bolton[/color][/b] at the time.[/quote]

does your bass maker do [b][color="#000000"]neck-thru [/color][/b]too

:)

[quote name='Bay Splayer' post='476180' date='Apr 30 2009, 04:59 PM']does your bass maker do [b][color="#000000"]neck-thru [/color][/b]too

:)[/quote]

I think he did make neck thrus.

I didn't know him very well and I bought his old bass when he built himself a new one.
He toured a lot in Rhodesia (as it was then) and South Africa.

I still have the bass and I'd like to know more about it.

Do you know him?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='redstriper' post='475678' date='Apr 30 2009, 02:50 AM']I bought a 1963 fender jazz bass customised by Lee Osborne in 1980.
He used to play in a Manchester band called Terry Gore and his Showmen back in the 70s and he lived in Bolton at the time.

I know it's a long shot, but...................[/quote]

I used to have a music shop in Bolton at the time and I did customise the electronics in one of his guitars, but I've no idea if it was the one to which you refer. I fitted some active circuitry to modify the tone. I couldn't tell yoou the precise nature of the modification but it probably involved filters. I've not seen Lee for many years but there's a small chance I might see him at the funeral this morning of a friend who played in Canon, the band Lee was in at the time.
Email me if you wish. I just found your mention of Lee by pure chance in a search on his name in Google. :)

Edited by trevarrick

:) [quote name='redstriper' post='475678' date='Apr 30 2009, 02:50 AM']I bought a 1963 fender jazz bass customised by Lee Osborne in 1980.

I know it's a long shot, but...................[/quote]
[post="0"]Hi, It's Lee Osborne here. I bumped into an old friend at a funeral today and he mentioned that you wanted some information
on that '63 Jazz bass.[/post]

If anyone wishes to contact Lee please do so via PM.

Johngh