Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass - Blacktop, none more black! Price drop £375 - *WITHDRAWN*
£650
Bath, Somerset

pajhartley

Lovely Fender Mexico Jazz Blacktop bass up for grabs. You don't see many of these, especially not with the mods here.

So it's a standard Blacktop jazz bass, I think from 2011, with the following excellent mods:

EMG "Geezer Butler" humbuckers in both positions

Babicz Full Contact bridge, Z series, in black

Black Schaller tuners

Black metal knobs

It sounds absolutely awesome with the currently-installed flats, with some really dark sub tones coming out of the EMGs but still retaining the precision/jazz character. I love Babicz bridges, & I'm sure the bridge here adds to the tone. Low action, no electrical issues, etc.

There are a couple of scratches (which I'm sure could be polished out) & one ding, which I've attempted to picture. It has the usual signs of light usage but nothing noticeable. Also I don't have the original bridge or pickups, I traded for it on BC & this is how it came.

So, collection from pretty central Bath. I'll also drive it for a fair distance (say 100 miles max), or meet up somewhere, but postage only at your arrangement.

Thanks for looking!IMG_0588.thumb.jpeg.7012c47147dd1b7fcad77cd0e42f3426.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0592.jpeg

IMG_0595.jpeg

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

Edited by pajhartley
Withdrawn
  • Like 10

• pajhartley changed the title to Fender Jazz Bass - Blacktop, none more black! Price drop £450
  • 2 weeks later...

That’s a lovely looking bass, bet those Pups growl like my Rottie.

Also Pete is great guy to do business with, buy with confidence.

Sadly jazz necks aren’t my bag otherwise I’d be down that canal on a speed boat! 
glwts

• Like 1

• pajhartley changed the title to Fender Jazz Bass - Blacktop, none more black! Price drop £375
On 30/06/2023 at 11:15, Paul C said:

Absolute stinking bargain. 

Correct - I actually can't quite believe that it's still here after all the reductions. Perhaps £600 initially was unreasonable in the present climate (although that was less than its "trade value" when I got it), but £350?! Roll up, ladies & gentlemen!!

Edited by pajhartley

• pajhartley changed the title to Fender Jazz Bass - WITHDRAWN