Why become a member? ×

Aria Bass Query? Looking to find info on old bass

barrycreed

Hi all. I have trawled the net looking for pics, but can't for the life of me remember the Aria bass I had around 20 years ago. I wasn't really a "bass player" at the time, more a side gig I had so bought a semi decent bass and sold it not too long after the band finished up. I should have kept it.

It was a 5 string Aria Pro II, active, similar in shape but not exactly the same as the SB100 / SN900. Fairly sure it was a screw on neck, had a similar headstock as the SB100, and was a natural finish. I think it had 2 pickups, but can't remember to be honest, as I used to just plug in, turn everything to 10 and play. I wouldn't have been very knowledgeable at the time about the ins and outs of gear.

It wasn't expensive. I bought it used at the time, but it was a solid enough bass. 

Anyone know what I am on about and could identify the model?

The bolt-neck from the '00s SB range was an SB40, & according to this 2005 catalogue there was a 5-string, (SB40/5, not pictured) so maybe that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkvqj9fh5qgcjs4/2005 Aria Catalog.pdf?dl=0  (Page 15)

Can only find a couple of pics of any model of this bass online, obviously not too common!

• 1 month later...

Good to see some pics, it's definitely part of the early '00s SB range although not one I could find info on.

Might be an idea to ask on the Aria Pro SB Basses FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/196371477217872

Mostly they cover the classic 80s Aria basses but occasionally the more recent ones come up, and there are some very knowledgeable folk on there.

• Like 1