Why become a member? ×

Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 string - fretless - *SOLD*
£1000
Derbyshire

gingerfish

Price now £900.  Available again. 

For sale is my FNA Jazzman 5 string. Not been used in a little while so I think its time to move on. The photos are from a year or two ago. Will grab it out and get some fresh ones if there is interest.

This started out fretted and a blonde finish. It was dinged up when I got it so decided to get it refinished and defretted at the same time to complement my other Warwick. Whilst I love this bass it hasn't been used in years and I think it deserves to be played. Refinish and defret was done by John Shuker. All done to the highest quality. Body was slimmed slightly to remove the digs to the bass. Frets have been filled with ebony veneer and the board  has been given a polyester finish, still has the original wenge fretboard. 

I am in Dronfield, Derbyshire near Sheffield and Chesterfield. Happy for people to come and check it out sometime.

Update: I have been able to source packing materials and a hard case. I am happy to ship this bass. Please fee free to get in touch with any offers. 

DSC01271.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

DSC01256.JPG

DSC01270.JPG

DSC01272.JPG

DSC01273.JPG

DSC01274.JPG

DSC01275.JPG

Edited by gingerfish
SOLD
  • Like 18

This bass used to be mine.  I got it here on Basschat probably 2012 or 13 and gigged it for 2-3 years.  It was in used and dinged condition and its fantastic to see the transformation on it.  It was great bass and very versatile and I dont know how many gigs I did with it.  The only reason I dont have it any longer is because I traded it with gingerfish (Jon).  I just wanted to try Streamer Stage 2 which he had for sale.  It has been my main gigging bass since I got it in 2015 and its done couple of hundred gigs.

If this helps anyone, the way we did the trade at the time was I sent the FNA in a case to Jon and he sent the case back with the Streamer.  I have actually sent an empty case to a seller before and he sent the guitar back with the case.  Just in case (no pun intended) people are trying to figure out ways to do a deal. 

Great bass and Jon is fantastic to deal with.

GLWTS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/04/2023 at 15:25, bassbora said:

This bass used to be mine.  I got it here on Basschat probably 2012 or 13 and gigged it for 2-3 years.  It was in used and dinged condition and its fantastic to see the transformation on it.  It was great bass and very versatile and I dont know how many gigs I did with it.  The only reason I dont have it any longer is because I traded it with gingerfish (Jon).  I just wanted to try Streamer Stage 2 which he had for sale.  It has been my main gigging bass since I got it in 2015 and its done couple of hundred gigs.

If this helps anyone, the way we did the trade at the time was I sent the FNA in a case to Jon and he sent the case back with the Streamer.  I have actually sent an empty case to a seller before and he sent the guitar back with the case.  Just in case (no pun intended) people are trying to figure out ways to do a deal. 

Great bass and Jon is fantastic to deal with.

GLWTS

Thanks. It really is a great bass and needs to be played. Hopefully I can find it a good home. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • gingerfish changed the title to Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 string - fretless - Price drop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • gingerfish changed the title to Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 string - fretless
  • 2 months later...
  • gingerfish changed the title to Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 string - fretless - SOLD