Why become a member? ×

Has anyone tried one of these wall mounted DB stands?

jazzyvee

All the ones that I know of used in the pits in most of the theatres I've worked in (to facilitate a quick change from BG to DB) are much simpler than that one. 

Large clip in clamp on the top of the neck (around half position) and LOTS of padding/pipe insulation around the bottom bout areas. 

Kinda been the go to solution for the past 30yrs.

But if you're looking for one for home use then a "prettier" solution might be better!

Yes I am looking for a home solution for my EUB, i'm also looking for a sturdy stand for holding the bass on gigs as mine does not have a wide enough body to lay on it's side or use one of the stands that hold the bass on it's side. I have a tall stand which I have to pray it does not get knocked.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/04/2023 at 23:52, jazzyvee said:

I have a tall stand which I have to pray it does not get knocked

The problem is the lack of base. You can't do anything about the height. You have to mod the one you have to be wider at the bottom or get a new one that is.

How hefty is your cabinet?

It wouldn't take a lot of shagging around to have  sticks tied to the top of your stand and the other ends to you cab. Sticks to opposite sides of a  decently heavy cab would be rock solid.

• 1 month later...