Why become a member? ×

Musicman USA Sterling Bass 2004 Including UK Postage - *SOLD*
£935
Lancaster

ash

Musicman Sterling USA 

This is a lovely MusicMan Sterling bass from 2004 it’s in excellent condition and comes with a basic gig bag. It’s not to be confused with the cheaper models with the confusingly similar name - this is a US made bass of a very high quality. The person I bought it from had it refinished in black as the original gold finish had some damage. The finish is fine but has some scuffs and blemishes. 

The bass has an incredible neck with a very narrow nut width like a Jazz bass, action is low with lots of life in the frets and a fully working trussrod. The bass weighs under 3.9kgs and is very comfortable for long gigs. All hardware and electrics are original (the eagle eyed will spot it’s wearing a Hipshot D tuner but I will remove that if it sells) and the preamp is very flexible and sounds fantastic. 

The reason I’m selling is because I’m moving house and need to release some funds, I’m temporarily unable to play bass so I’m selling the basses I’m not sentimentality attached to.

At some point I will buy another Sterling but with a maple board. These are fabulous instruments.

No trades. UK only. Pickup preferred but I would consider posting at buyer’s expense.

If it is still on here it is still available. Price including UK post. No offers.

B599B4B2-2647-4B62-9EF1-AB8F761405A0.jpeg

Edited by ash
  • Like 13

I've played this bass and it's a really lovely instrument and being nice and light it's a real steal.  Ash is great to deal with too folks.  I now really wish I got on with the whole Stingray thing.

• Thanks 1

These Sterling basses are in such an odd place at the moment, price wise.  I presume they're not made anymore and as such their used value doesn't appear to have been hugely inflated by the current EB prices, yet they are absolutely equal (and better in a lot of cases I've seen re woods used) to the Stingray of the time in terms of build quality and RRP.

In other words, at 3 figures these are a BARGAIN and a dream for anyone who loved the Musicman sound but prefers the jazz feel.  GLWTS.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• ash changed the title to Musicman USA Sterling Bass 2004 Including UK Postage
  • ash changed the title to Musicman USA Sterling Bass 2004 sold