Why become a member? ×

How rude of me, I never said hello!

Captain Bass

Hi guys,

Ive been on here a little while but I have never got around to introducing myself!

My names Andy, I live just outside London. I am 27 years old and have been playing bass about 12 years. I went to the same secondary school as the bass player from Sikth (James Leech) - who was in the year above me. (great player)

I originally started out as a singer at a tender young age with a band at seconadary school but the lead guitarist 'suddenly' decided he could sing so he told me to either learn bass or leave :-( As it was my birthday coming up I asked my 'rents for a bass guitar and I decided to get some private lessons straight away!
Soon enough I left that band and I was jamming with the guys in the year above me,
12 years down the line I am humbled to say I have had two reputable record deals, released CDs internationally and played some of Europes most well known venues including Earls Court, Brixton Academy, Birmingham NIA, London Astoria (to name a few)

Here is some of my bass playing;

My first youtube bass vid -

"Tom Thumb" Live -

Here is an MP3 (3.18MB) of "Tom Thumb" I recorded and produced myself :-)
I have uploaded it onto Rapidshare so every one can share it
I have also attached it to this Topic.

[attachment=24530:TOM_THUMB.mp3]
[url="http://rapidshare.com/files/227114220/TOM_THUMB.mp3"]http://rapidshare.com/files/227114220/TOM_THUMB.mp3[/url]

Feel free to share the link/mp3 around.

Kind Regards,
Andy

Edited by Captain Bass

[quote name='Captain Bass' post='475062' date='Apr 29 2009, 01:38 PM']p.s. does anyone know how to embed the youtube videos so they play of the page? I copied and pasted the embedded code from youtube but it only displays the code?[/quote]

I've edited it for you so it embeds. Take a look by hitting the editing button. :)

Welcome aboard BTW.